The weather in the UK at the moment can be summed up in one word:
SOGGY!
So, today I'm dreaming of being somewhere dry and sunny....and it doesn't get much drier than the Sahara Desert! In one of my earliest blog posts, I wrote about my adventures in Egypt....if you're interested, you can read more over here. Today I'm going to share some more of my photos from this trip with you.....
The pyramids at Giza
The Sphinx
Ship of the desert
Felucas on the Nile
Temple of Hatshepsut
Temple of Hatshepsut
Temple of Karnak, Luxor
So where do you wish you were today?
Fantastic photos.
ReplyDeleteI think I rode that same camel.
I was shocked the first time I saw
the sphinx at how small it is..
OH! Thank you for this trip! I have always wanted to go to Eygpt.
ReplyDeletethat was a great little photo and narrative tour. Now I can cross Egypt off my list!
ReplyDeleteJust kidding, this makes me want to go even more...
Okay you need to stop asking "anywhere but here". I can't think of an interesting reply. Seriously. Nothing comes to mind. I just know that I need to get away from here.
ReplyDeleteI love those photos. One of my best friends just got back from Egypt recently and she loved it. I really want to go. I think right now though I wish I was in Tunis, which is where I'll be in about two weeks for my honeymoon- I can't wait!
ReplyDeletefaye - thanks! yes the sphinx is a bit smaller than I'd thought, and surrounded by scaffolding most of the way round!
ReplyDeleteBetty and Pat - you have to go one day!
Sid - sure you'll come up with an amazing place for next week...Namibia? Cambodia?
Susan - thanks! Tunis sounds wonderfully romantic for a honeymoon :-)
Some of my colleagues are going for a trip to egypt next week. How I envy them! I will be there one day..definitely!
ReplyDelete