Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Wish I Was There Tuesday




There's a definite chill in the air this morning....summer is fast approaching an untimely end! Today I'm dreaming of the hot, hazy days I spent in Tuscany back in July 2008.

We were based in the Garfagnana region, in this lovely old converted farmhouse with a pool and views of the Apuan Aps, just perfect to come back to after a hard day's touring...


La Pozza


We were well-placed for exploring the walled cities of Lucca and Barga.....


Panorama of Lucca from Torre Guinigi


Barga


Barga


Barga


And for day-trips to the magnificent cities of Florence and Pisa...


The River Arno, Florence


Bartolomeo Ammanati's Fountain of Neptune (1563–1565), Piazza della Signoria, Florence


Leaning Tower of Pisa, Piazza del Duomo


Duomo, Pisa


Looking onto the Duomo from the top of the Leaning Tower



Where do you wish you were today?

5 comments:

  1. Oh Nat! I love Italy! Thanks for taking me there today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italy is one of my top five spots.
    I would live there in a heartbeat.
    Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all the photos - i am wishing i was in paris.. i love that city!

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty and faye - I love Italy too....so much more to explore!

    jamie-lee ....I think I need to go back to Paris in spring/summer as in mid winter it was not looking its best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss Italy. Sorta. Thinking of travelling again but not quite sure of where too. If only money wasn't so much of an issue.

    ReplyDelete