Friday, 20 August 2010

But Is It Art?

A selection of sculptures from my Canadian Collection....


Jaume Plensa’s WE in profile - Sunset Beach, Vancouver



Gillian Ley's 'Floribunda' Orca at The Victoria Regent Hotel



'Maximilian'  by Sara Gifford, Jane Van Sickle & Michael Hofmann - Victoria Inner Harbour 


Hupacasath Welcome Figure - Port Alberni BC



Hupacasath Welcome Figure - Port Alberni BC



Woman with eagle - Ucluelet, Vancouver Island



Port Hardy Carrot Campaign monument
Sign reads: "This carrot, marking the northern end of the Island Highway, is a symbol of government road building promises, dangled in front of north island settlers since 1897. The successful late 1970's "Carrot Campaign" was aimed at making the government keep promises of a completed Island Highway."



Inukshuk on Whistlers Mountain - near Jasper



Big Head - Canmore, Alberta


Happy weekend everyone!

9 comments:

  1. I like the last pic. And the Orca ...

    The female sculptures are creepy ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely it's art! Love that carrot one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe I used to live in Victoria so I totally recognize that whale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The head is my favorite...
    the carrot is a close second..

    Wonderful shots .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff! I find the head a bit creepy & awkward! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new background color, Nat! And I love these shots too, great sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that first sculpture is incredible! x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful sculptures! I love the carrot monument the most!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sure looks like art to me!
    Once again, very nice photos Nat...

    ReplyDelete