One of the longest, but most relaxing days of the tour was the 14 hour ferry trip from Port Hardy on the north of Vancouver Island, along the Inside Passage to Bella Coola near Tweedsmuir.
Map found here
It was like taking a mini cruise....there were sunloungers on deck (it was just a tad too cold and windy to suntan though!) and inside recliners for just chilling out, a restaurant/coffee shop serving snacks, and in the evening, the staff cooked a barbeque dinner on deck. Bit of a disappointing day for photographs though, as the best scenery was coming into view as we approached Bella Coola, towards nightfall. We did spot some dolphins and humpback whales in the afternoon, but there was no way I could capture anything half decent with my puny camera.
Fjord scenery
Overboard!
The sunset was spectacular though, so I braved the freezing wind to take these from the heaving upper deck...

Nat! How dare you! I was NOT thinking of the ear canal, thank you very much.
ReplyDeleteThe water picture is fab.
I love our little trips together.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletethanks for the ongoing photo "tour."
ReplyDeleteWe will be on a cruise in that very region in the not too distant future. Or next year, if it doesn't happen soon...
Beautiful shots of one of my
ReplyDeletefavorite get-aways.
Thanks for stopping by Betty, Pat and faye.
ReplyDeletePat - that's a great trip to look forward to...
Wow, that sky is doing some beautiful things Nat. Really nice!
ReplyDeleteThanks Biana :-)
ReplyDelete