Drum roll and fanfare.......
It's the first post of my all new, "original" and exciting 'Wish I Was There Tuesday' feature....and I hope that lots of you will take part. The idea is to post on somewhere wonderful in the world you’ve been, will be going or even just dream of going to one day. It could be somewhere really close to home, or on the other side of the planet or even galaxy, and could be a real or imaginary place. If you are taking part, then please leave me a comment so I can see where you're dreaming of being today...
The past couple of weeks, I've been suffering from serious cabin fever. I'm hating being trapped indoors at work on the PC, when I could be out walking in the fresh mountain air of the French Alps....and this is where I wish I was today. Anyone who knows me will be wondering why I'm dreaming of being in a place where I've twice almost met my demise...the first time when I tried to ski with distastrous consequences, that I wrote about here.... and the second being the time I almost fell off a mountain in an aborted attempt to go paragliding, that I wrote about here. Luckily, I survived the concussion of the skiing accident, and discovered the wonderful world of snowshoeing instead... and the second attempt at paragliding was a success!
Alpine chalets
Alpine cows
Sheds in a row
A good spot to put your feet up!
"The End of The World"
I kow the feeling! Looking at photos like these make me want to get out...
ReplyDeleteIt's really beautiful there, Nat! I can smell the fresh air
ReplyDeleteNah. Those pics don't inspire me at all. Looks too quiet and peaceful. Right now I need more colour.
ReplyDeleteMight participate in this later today.
wonderful place!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos. I can see why you would
ReplyDeletebe daydreaming of a return to the mountain.
I would love to see the sheds in a row! LOVE IT
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the comments! Hope you will join in one week...
ReplyDeleteSid - I'll try and give you some more colourful inspiration next time ;-)
Sigh. Being stuck at the bottom of the planet with a baby and another on the way, I try not to think about travelling... it depresses me! I won't even open the Travel section of the weekend paper!
ReplyDeleteMum-hood is great, but I MISS the travelling I used to do!