Weatherman Tomasz Schafernaker was caught live on TV flicking a bird to his off-camera breakfast show colleagues.....
Realising his gaffe, Tomasz quickly tried to cover his rude gesture by pretending he was just going to scratch his chin....or perhaps smoking an imaginary cigarette...
That just made him look like he was trying to pull a two-up instead!
Meanwhile in other weather-related news......
Why does it always rain on me?
Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?
No, Travis...it's because we live in the UK! Apparently our summer is pretty much over, thanks to the jet stream (the fast-flowing ribbons of air in the upper atmosphere that move weather systems across the northern hemisphere)....the same phenomenon is thought to have contributed to the devastating floods in Pakistan, mudslides in China, and killer heatwave and wildfires in Russia.
We can expect temperatures to start dropping and rain showers to ensue. But, come rain or shine I need to keep moving.... in just over three weeks' time I'll be walking a charity half-marathon, so I need to step up my training plan.
Walking boots, ipod, phone, brolly.... check!
Rainy days
I've heard that a good way to get fit is to carry extra weight as you walk...I'm pretty sure that means in my backpack and not on the bottom of my boot....
Meanwhile, the local farmers are making hay while the sun does actually shine....
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground
Oh no, I've got to keep on moving
[Men At Work - Ain't Nothing Gonna Hold Me Down]
Photos of


Funny post. Gotta love those
ReplyDeleteoff camera antics that somehow
end up on camera.
Another great series .
Always good for a daily smile.
Thanks.
great photos & LOVE the weather forecast! Genius!
ReplyDeleteGreat post and photos Nat!
ReplyDeleteYour show looks half sneaker and half boot...
Thanks faye, Kimberly and Pat!
ReplyDeletePat, it's a Hi-Tec walking boot...the less 'heavy duty' of my two pairs :-)
Brollie? Is that "english" for umbrella?
ReplyDeleteHa!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete"brolly" :)))) adorable, I'm stealing that
love the "making hay" photo's!
you keep on moving, and recording, and singing, and I'll keep on reading!
Sid...I've been living here too long! I need my 'brolly' and my 'mobile', as the weather is 'pants'!
ReplyDeleteGreen Monkey...please keep on reading, but it's probably best if I don't sing :-)
Good luck on your walk, Nat! I hope the weather is pleasant that day. It has been raining a little here lately; a welcomed event in the light of our own little heat wave here in the South of the USA! Bad thing is - it just adds to the already ridiculous humidity. However, I'm just thankful for each day as it comes! Mud, rain, so forth, so on...
ReplyDeleteWell, he tried to cover it up.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the field pictures!!! Wow!!
Thanks Andrea ....it's pretty humid here again today :-) Hope you keep cool...
ReplyDeleteCheers, Betty :-)