It's the time of the year for comfort food - stews, casseroles, soups and roast chicken... and nothing goes better with roast chicken than roast potatoes! After years of experimenting with soggy, sodden potatoes, I think I may just have cracked the secret of making the perfect roast potato....
It helps to now have a working oven, as that is really the crux of the matter... a really, really hot oven.
So preheat your oven to 230C/220C with fan (450F, Gas Mark 8).
Select your potatoes... I recommend Maris Pipers or King Edwards.... peel them and chop into pieces.
Place the chopped potatoes into a pot, cover with salted water and just bring to the boil. We're told to par boil potatoes before roasting but I think I used to completely overdo this stage.
Drain immediately and allow to cool...
Place the potatoes in a roasting tray and coat with oil... I recommend vegetable oil, such as sunflower oil rather than olive oil (I tend to cook everything in olive oil but here I make the exception).
Place in the hot oven and roast for approximately 45 minutes or until golden brown, tossing the potatoes in the oil every 15 minutes.
Drain with a slotted spoon and serve.
Oh YUM!
ReplyDeleteYum! They look and sound great! I'd like to be eating some while sitting at that picnic table, RIGHT NOW!
ReplyDeletelove that picnic table shot... and your foodie
ReplyDeleteshots always make me hungry... gotta check out
the fridge now...thank you very much !!
Those roast potatoes look perfectly delicious
ReplyDeleteThose look yummy. I think its time for roast potatoes tonight.
ReplyDeleteNoooo ... look what you've started... a craving for yummy roast tats! YUM!
ReplyDeleteMuch love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde
Oooh. They look good and delicious.
ReplyDeletegod, i love roast potatoes! i could eat that entire bowl!
ReplyDeleteI'm stubbornly hanging out to eating outside for just a few more days! But you're right...it's time for stews and roast veggies.
ReplyDeleteYum-O! Those spuds look divine.
ReplyDeleteThose look amazing. I have been roasting potatoes for years and I never boiled them first, I'm so trying this!!!!
ReplyDeleteBaked potatoes for a picnic is a good thing! I also like to add cajun pepper to mine :)
ReplyDelete