Here's the official Mo-Down from the UK's Movember web page....
"On Movember 1st, guys register at Movember.com with a clean-shaven face and then for the rest of the month, these selfless and generous men, known as Mo Bros, groom, trim and wax their way into the annals of fine moustachery. Supported by the women in their lives, Mo Sistas, Movember Mo Bros raise funds by seeking out sponsorship for their Mo-growing efforts.
Mo Bros effectively become walking, talking billboards for the 30 days of November and through their actions and words raise awareness by prompting private and public conversation around the often ignored issue of men’s health.
At the end of the month, Mo Bros and Mo Sistas celebrate their gallantry and valor by either throwing their own Movember party or attending one of the infamous Gala Partés held around the world by Movember, for Movember."
.......
Now, there are some men who can rock a 'tache....
I'm stirred... not shaken
Bad Boy Does Miami Vice
It was acceptable in the 80s...
Johnny Depp ... 'nuff said
Mr Smooth
And then there are those who just don't know when to get the trimmers out....
Pretzel anyone?
Don't mess with me - I'm a tightly coiled spring!
It helps with my perception of space...
I'm standing in for a wicker basket...
Arachnaphobic?Me?
My beloved hubby has voracious facial hair growth, so I reckon he'll be sporting a 'Magnum PI' by the weekend.... and be well on his way to looking authentically 1970s porn staresque a few days after that (not that I'm any kind of authority on 1970s porn stars of course... I'm just going on hearsay!)
Anyway, may the Force of Hirsute be with him.....
Day 1













Interesting post with great photos. You'll have to post a photo after it all grow in.
ReplyDeleteHey my hubby is doing the no shave thing and I'm liking the rough look!
ReplyDeleteFor the last three years I have considered it every year and every year have decided against it. I'm just not a Mo kind of guy.
ReplyDeleteThis cracked me up. I love all of those crazy mustaches. One year, my husband picked me up at the airport after not seeing each other for a few months. He was sporting the full Morgan Spurlock mustache. I was like "I don't even KNOW you". Ha!
ReplyDelete(Here's MS's mustache, if you're unfamiliar: http://www.robwilliams.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/spurlock-m.jpg )
Good luck with the new lil hairy friend, what a great cause.
ReplyDeletethose are some sexy gents.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic idea, and kudos to your husband! Oh, to be married to a 70s porn star if only for a little while. *giggle* Thanks for all the eye candy, Nat!
ReplyDeleteI'm sponsoring a couple of guys who are growing the mo's too Nat, such a good cause as you say... and yeh Johnny Depp, that guy could grow a mo long enough to do a 'Princess Leah' and still look edible, a bit like your cake, yummy!!
ReplyDeleteWatch this space for regular updates on the Mo Bro's Pro Gro (progress!) x
ReplyDelete