Thursday, 24 November 2011

Thank You For Thanksgiving!






Happy Thanksgiving to all my US readers! Hope y'all been having a wonderful day....celebrating the invention of roast turkey and sweet potato 'n pumpkin pie ... What? That's not what Thanksgiving is all about? Well, why is there not a special day marking such culinary delights?

All joking aside, I am still so grateful for Thanksgiving... you see, it's the one and only time of the year when I can guarantee that Annoying Demanding Client across the pond will be too busy running Operation Turkey Dinner Preparation.... and I reckon she has an army of kitchen skivvies scuttling about under her watchful and disapproving eye...to even think about harrassing me for the next couple of days. It is safe to answer my phone and open my email box.

What bliss!

Hope you get to spend time with the people that mean the most to you...

6 comments:

  1. Ha! Made me laugh twice with this one. Happy not-thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT??? You mean the world doesn't celebrate American Exceptionalism along with us??? :-)

    I think we should trade Holidays for a year. Which one is your favorite or maybe the one you would like to give away? I would gladly trade the 5 pounds I must have gained on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to celebrate Thanksgiving too... 2 more days' off work? Yes, please! Not that I want to give any holidays up in exchange... especially not Christmas, which is my favourite :-) I know you guys do that too but think we get a lot more days off... Dec 23rd to Jan 3rd this season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Thanksgiving and I am still full from all the turkey! The days off are always a plus, although my boss still emails me sales leads on Thanksgiving, what is he thinking???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will trade you one T Day for Boxing Day..
    hows that ???

    ReplyDelete