Exactly halfway through the Movember Challenge.... and hubby is getting hairy!
Day 15
To mark this most momentous moment, here are some completely random yet titillating titbits about 'taches...
Sweet home Alabama!
It's illegal in Alabama to wear a
fake moustache that causes laughter in church.
In 1967, The Beatles gave away
cardboard moustaches with their album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.
Salvador Dalí published a book
dedicated solely to his moustache.
Narcissus is a type of flower, whereas a narcissist....
Two of the most famous moustaches
were actually fake and only on when filming - Groucho Marx and Charlie Chaplin.
On average a man with a moustache
touches it 760 times in a 24 hour day.
The longest recorded moustache
belongs to Bajansinh Juwansinh Gurjar of Ahmedabad, India. It had not been cut
for 22 years and was 12 feet, 6 inches long in 2004. Imagine how long it is
today!
Now that's just ridiculous!
The King of Hearts is the only
playing card king without a moustache.
The prize for weirdest moustache
research goes to researchers in 1936. They found that if you attach a false
moustache to the face of a wild female woodpecker, a male woodpecker will
attack her as if she were a rival male.
In the 16th century, King Francis
I of France, introduced the death penalty for anyone wearing a beard or moustache.
Off with his 'tache
In 1955, the Belgian tenor, Jan
Verbeek, accidentally swallowed a false moustache during a performance of
Mefistofele. This did not stop him from carrying on with his performance, however, and he continued to finish the show, although it was clear to the
audience that high notes were more difficult for him to hit as he had some
throat irritation from the hairs sticking to the back of his throat.
Another famous Belgian 'tache








Bizarre
ReplyDeleteThis cracks me up, my husband is doing the whole 'No Shave November' thing too. He's keeping his tidy by trimming it.
ReplyDeleteI actually like the rough look!
My wife didn't want me to grow one, now that I have, she doesn't want me shave it off...
ReplyDeleteI find that it retains too many food particles.
If you love strong, vibrant and fabulously flowing mustache....I can collect my cat's fur for you :)
ReplyDeletePoirot's is my favorite...
ReplyDeleteI laughed out loud at the Alabama mustache law. This post cracked me up.
ReplyDeleteHere's a song about mustaches for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XHt32UVqLk
That One Guy is an amazing performance artist. He makes all of his music with a loop and an odd electronic homemade instrument.
Looking good!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad my G can't really grow hair all that well...the bit he has is annoying enough! HAHAHA!
Great cause though!!
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde
I just may try this with my leg hair.
ReplyDeleteHmmm...what interesting tidbits you shared today. And, yes, but my it is UNCANNY!
ReplyDeleteI'm beginning to find 'tashes attractive! Should I be worried?
ReplyDeleteLove the Indian dude's. I often wonder how long some of the Sikh's beards are when they bind them up. x
Yes your hubby is doing well Nat, I see that he keeps it very neatly trimmed, non of the careless abandonment for him hey! Gee Burt Reynolds was a cutie before he got old and started doing 'things' to his face haha! Love Dali's mo, so pretty adorned with flowers. Will it stay when Movember is over, or have you as well as he gotten fond of it!!
ReplyDeleteMustaches are cool, but the one that's twelve feet...well that's just gross. I like a goatee myself!
ReplyDeleteHe's mo is coming on very nicely. Over here I'm hearing lots of mo jokes on the radio at the moment regarding how a lot of guys look.
ReplyDeleteWhat a funny post about mustaches! Hehehe it made me laugh! Thanks for joining my blog - I am glad you found me and I found you! xxx Christa
ReplyDeleteI like Poirot's mustache !!!!!!
ReplyDelete