Friday, 4 November 2011

The A To Z Of Nat





A – Arachnophobic... oh yes, the incy wincy spiders do scare me just a teeny weenie bit!

B - Baking... At the moment I am a tad obsessed (just in case you hadn’t noticed).

C - Camera. One of my prized possessions, I love photography... wish I could make a living out of it someday.

D – Daydreaming.... some days I do far too much of it, when I should be doing serious stuff like work.

E – Ego... big ones just don’t cut it with me.

F – Feet. I have two left ones, meaning I’m hopeless at dancing (and stumble through Aikido).

G – Guava... one of my favourite tropical fruits and apparently very good for you, packed with vitamin C and lycopene. I drink a glass every morning.


Guavas juiced here

H – Height: 5'6"

I – ipod. My necessary accessory on my daily walks.

J – January.... month I was born and possibly the crappiest time of the year in the Northern hemisphere

K – Kyu, as in Aikido grading... last weekend I passed my 5th kyu (second grading) yay!

L – Live in the present. I’m trying to make this my mantra this year, for the past is gone and the future is uncertain....

M – Medium... the only way I like my steak.

N – Nat – that’s me... named after a famous Hollywood actress.


Natalie Wood (1938-1981)


O - Oats. My staple breakfast... hopefully keeping my cholesterol in check.

P – Pharmacologist... that’s what I am! It’s all about the drugs...

Q – Queues... I hate them! What a waste of time, waiting in line for things. Traffic queues are my worst nightmare.

R – Right-handed, except I pour with my left and hold the phone to my left ear.

S – Spring.... my favourite season since I moved to the UK.... crisp sunshine and blue skies, tulips, daffodils, cherry blossoms, newborn lambs....

T - Tea. My beverage of choice... strongly brewed and milky but no sugar.


Cuppa tea from here



U – Unassuming... how I was described by my teachers at school. Boy, have I changed!

V – Vegetables I hate.... Brussels sprouts, peas and cabbage...yeeuuuckkk!

W – Wisdom teeth... I have a lot more than I should. Perhaps that’s why I am so wise....

X – X-rays... I’ve had a lot taken of my mouth as dentists are fascinated by my excessive teeth.

Y – Yoghurt... love the stuff, especially creamy, Greek yoghurt with honey.

Z – Zimbabwe.... country of my birth, and sadly somewhere I won’t be visiting while there’s a despot in charge.

Zimbabwean sunset photo from here


So, what's your A-Z?

13 comments:

  1. Hello Nat:
    A whole alphabet about you but we guess that this is but the tip of an iceberg! A most intriguing read nonetheless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your A-Z!
    I am with you on R ;)
    Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your Kyu!
    So sad about your Z. One day soon that evil man will be gone. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading all these little things about you!!! I was hoping for a picture post of you next to Natalie Wood :) Sad about your country I know very little about Zimbabwe, it looks beautiful! I love shaking up some guava juice with vodka a tad of orange juice topped with a slice of kiwi! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you have all of MY wisdom teeth! I am 32 and have none (not that I'm complaining, they only seem to cause hassle). I'm assuming this is why I'm not remotely wise yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dad fell in love with Natalie Wood as a child. He still talks about her as the most beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I was born in January, too! Let's have a party. You can bring the boozy cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post Nat. I thought Traveling Monkey would have fallin under T but tea is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting list. Rather a challenge to do a whole alphabet, I would think. I'm glad I'm not named after anyone - it might feel a bit heavy to live up to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such an interesting alphabet to me! What a really great idea . . . One I may have to borrow someday. That is, if I remember . . . .which I'm sure to NOT. Because I'm often very forgetful. Hmmmm . . . F - Forgetful. I have one down, now! GREAT post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. a mix up with my above post.... gremlins..

    anyhoo.. love the A to Z.. lots of interesting
    things about you... very creative.!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an awesome way to get to know somebody.

    ReplyDelete