Sunday, 6 November 2011

Electric Dreams

Last night was Bonfire Night (Guy Fawkes') in the UK.

Have you ever tried to photograph fireworks? Not the easiest task in the world, and one that needs a slow shutter and steady hand, preferably a tripod!

This is what happens when you add camera shake into the mix.... weird electric worms and ribbons of light...










































11 comments:

  1. Those are seriously COOL. They look like bioluminescent creatures that live deep in the ocean. Not that I know what those look like. But that's how they look in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those electric worms and ribbons... sometimes they make a more interesting capture than the actual firework display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello:
    Rather dramatic images and, in our view for we are none too keen on Bonfire Night, both more interesting and exciting than the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. I like taking fireworks pics myself. Here in South Africa Guy Fawkes are getting less and less popular. Lots of people still shoot off fireworks, but there is a major move to curb it as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great examples here- I had similar problems at a Guy Fawkes bonfire on Friday night. The end effects are so random ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pictures, so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are actually really awesome. I prefer the squiggles :-)
    Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! These pictures look crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are really funky! I did photograph fireworks one year. I took my tripod and got some cool shots, but once I had done it I never really bothered trying again. I hate fighting the big crowds otherwise I would probably do it more often.

    ReplyDelete