If I ever need reminding of why I am not cut out for parenthood, all I have to do is spend a weekend with friends who have little ones... it's fun in small doses, but it completely wears me out, and I am always rather relieved to get home to my child-free life.
That said, Auntie Nat is obviously not all that scary.... a little boy in Yorkshire was in tears yesterday afternoon when told he can't go home with us!
There are two variations to the "Cheeky Monkeys" song....
5 cheeky monkeys swinging in the tree,
Teasing Mr Crocodile... "You can't catch me!"
Snap! went Mr Crocodile under the tree....
4 cheeky monkeys swinging in the tree
{repeat}
And
5 cheeky monkeys jumping on the bed
One fell off and bumped his head
Mommy called the doctor, the doctor said:
"No more cheeky monkeys jumping on the bed!"
4 cheeky monkeys jumping on the bed
{repeat}
Not my cheeky monkey photo
Both versions are now firmly committed to memory after 8,995 renditions of each this weekend.
This November looks set to be the warmest ever... 18C and sunshine? It was snowing this time last year!
Sunny skies + chilly evenings = beautiful autumnal sunsets......
I really have to try out my friend's cheesecake recipe..... and soon!
Ducks have an seemingly insatiable appetite for bread.
If you type “is is (sic) possible” into Google, here’s what you get….
If you then correctly type “is it possible” into Google…. your options are almost as bizarre
How were your weekends?



Thanks for popping by Nat...I've earmarked this evening for a right old read of your blog...I know I'm going to enjoy myself.
ReplyDeleteSP
Lovely photos, Nat. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us! I actually have heard the last version of the monkey song. Our monkeys are not "cheeky" though. :-)
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Great list!
ReplyDeleteMuch love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde
Great pictures! Will you please come and entertain me, Auntie Nat?
ReplyDeleteGoogle AKA Big Brother has a system where by what you get in your search results will not be the same as say what I get- it is based on location-
ReplyDeleteMy: 'Is it possible' brings up: 'fly' and 'get out of the friend zone'
I'm with you on the kids. Of course, we have 5 and then there's the grandkids. I love them and all, but can't little kids just sit still for one moment?
ReplyDeleteI love your monkey song. Small children scare me no end but, like you, they always seek me out and demand entertainment. x
ReplyDeleteHa! That reminds me of the game we used to play. Do a google search with your name followed by needs. So I'd google Stephanie needs. The results are always so funny. Apparently I need help, a flat, etiquette lessons, anger management, to stop procrastinating and to get over myself.
ReplyDeleteI agree totally I love hanging out with kids in small doses but they do love me :) Beautiful sunset pictures! I always think October and November have the most beautiful full moons :)
ReplyDeleteNot you in the previous picture....hmmm I'm still left wondering :)
I don't enjoy hanging with other peoples' kids - don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like them I just don't enjoy them as much as my own. If you had your own it would still be exhausting, but it would be an exhaustion you would be happy to endure. ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd your sky pics are gorgeous!!
Wow, those Google search suggestions are pretty awesome. Haha!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way. I love my nephews to death. But I can only take them in small doses. When they come over, sometimes I have to lock myself in the bathroom for two minutes to gather myself and breathe. Sad but true!
I am having serious sunset envy!!!
ReplyDeleteV
Your photos are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteFunny stuff about the Google search. I am always surprised at the suggestions that pop up.
Love the monkey picture. Did that not scare the kids? Oh well they must like you a lot. Needed the laugh you just supplied
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sunsets indeed. I love sunsets... and sunrises although I don't always like getting up early for them. Especially at this time of year when the days are longer.
ReplyDeleteMmmmHmmm I hear you about small kids! That's why mums are programmed to love their babies - you'd leave them out for the wolves in the second week otherwise!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, and gorgeous pics. We're running the aircon at 8pm to cool the place down ;-). Heheheheh