At least I managed to get out and about on Saturday, with a trip down to London for the day. Apparently, most of the UK's population - and a shed load of tourists - had the same idea, as everywhere was packed! I was having some serious claustrophobia issues on the rammed underground trains and heaving stations... perhaps I've just been living out in the sticks for too long now, but I am not a Big City Girl any more. Give me green fields, fresh air and open spaces any day!
Still, it's good to remind yourself of what you are (or aren't) missing every now and again.
First stop, the wonderful V&A Museum of Art and Design.....
Delicious almond croissants and coffee in the aesthetically pleasing museum cafe
A chance to look at the priceless treasures in the Japan Gallery....
The China Gallery....
The Medieval Gallery.....
Light fitting in entrance to the V&A
Then, a stroll through the carpets of autumn leaves in Hyde Park....
Back into the West End for the evening, to meet friends for a Japanese meal in Soho....
Fairy lights on Harrods Store
Chinatown
Apologies for not getting around to all your blogs very much lately.... hope to catch up with you all soon!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful and amazing images. I especially love the bikes parked in autumn leaves.
ReplyDeleteLondon has so many awesome attractions to offer visitors. I attended World Travel Market in London a coule of years back and although I was in the city for 5 days I only had a morning to explore and the rest was spent stuck at the show. I cramped in as much as possible, but only saw like some of the main attractions.
ReplyDeleteThese pics make me long for London inspite of all the hustle bustle. After your Monday was nothing to smile about I hope at least the rest of the week is cheerful! Have a very nice day and thanks for your comment on my blog! Christa
ReplyDeleteToo bad about the difficult client.
ReplyDeleteLovely images, I like the mix of ultra modern and ancient at the Tate and Harrods looks like a palace. x
Oh wow. Lovely pics!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had an amazing time :-)
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde
I love a good museum these pictures are amazing! The best exhibit I every went to was in NYC at the MOMA and it was of ancient weaponry, god it was cool! I love the Harrod's all tricked out in Christmas lights too. What a killer day and night you had!
ReplyDeleteI want to go back to London!
ReplyDeleteWow, it looks like all the packed train rides were worth it. Lovely photos, Nat!
ReplyDeleteThe photos are WOW and WOW ... love the bench
ReplyDeleteshot !!!!
Nice getaway !!
Love all your photos especially the autumn leaves..Awesome!.I have always love photos during autumn- such beautiful season.It's raining all the time here. I hardly ever bring my camera anywhere nowadays and I really miss taking pictures. I really need a holiday away from the heavy rain!!Have a beautiful day Nat!
ReplyDeleteYou sure packed a lot into that day in London Nat..As you say, a day in the big city now and then is really enjoyable, but not full time!!
ReplyDeleteNow you have gone and made me miss London. Hope to visit there again soon.
ReplyDeleteCome during the week next time. The tubes are a nightmare during the weekend most are out creating nothing but chaos. Don't understand why tfl make our weekend travelling so difficult. Still looks as thought you manged to have heaps of fun.
ReplyDeleteYou and I were on the same wave-length last weekend as I did the same, making it to Kinkos at 9pm Sunday night and picking up the project at 5:45am Monday on my way to the airport! Whew!
ReplyDeleteI love the variety you have shown in this post and the shot with the bicycles in the autumn leaves is my favorite!
Bises,
Genie
*sigh*
ReplyDeleteI miss London. And being able to do things without babies attached!