If you want to awe your dinner guests... well, perhaps apart from almost burning off their eyebrows, lashes and 'taches in a freak accident involving paper napkins and candles.... serve them this dead-easy-to-make chocolate tart.
I've had nothing but positive feedback on it.... and I'm sure it has nothing to do with my guests' fear of my pyromaniac potential....
What you need:
1 packet of plain biscuits - HobNobs, Digestives, Graham crackers (depending on your geographical location)
80 g butter, melted
1 large bar (200 g) of good quality chocolate (I prefer dark, but you can use milk, nut, white or whatever takes your fancy)
1 packet of marshmallows
150 mL (2/3 cup) milk
250 mL (1 cup) whipping cream
What you do:
Prepare a biscuit base by crushing the biscuits (either in a food processor or by hand by placing biscuits in a clean bag on top of a board and crushing with a rolling pin) and mixing with the melted butter.
Press into a 25 cm pie tin.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 180C (160 with fan)/ 374F/ Gas mark 5 until golden brown.
Chill slightly in the refrigerator.
Place the marshmallows, broken chocolate and milk in a large glass mixing bowl. Microwave for approximately 2 minutes, stirring well every 60 seconds, until the marshmallows and chocolate are melted.
Cool slightly.
Whip cream until it forms stiff peaks.
Gradually fold the cream into the chocolate-mallow mix, and pour onto the biscuit base.
Place in the refrigerator to set; decorate with chocolate curls and serve. Can be made at least a day in advance.
YUMMY!
I should make Jon one of those, the greedy boy would demolish the whole lot in one go. x
ReplyDeleteOh man! I want a slice (or 2) of that right now! It looks so good!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely going to try this - thanks
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't have guessed that at all from the photo! At first glance, it looked more like a brownie or chocolate cake. This looks like a fun recipe to make with my nieces...easy enough for kids (and, let's face it, aunties).
ReplyDeleteThat looks totally yum - i'd use my boy as an excuse to make that because I know he'd totally love it, but i'd be wanting it for myself!!
ReplyDeleteJust stop already would ya, Like that's all I need is a delicious easy chocolate tart to make...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing anyway!!
OMG that looks incredible I'm making it, I love that you post yummy easy stuff. I'm drooling here.
ReplyDeleteOooohlaaalaaaa! I was laughing at "Hobnobs" and wondering just what int he world you meant...until I read the next part about geographical area;)
ReplyDeleteNow this is a MUST TRY! (DO I have to share though?)
Yum
ReplyDeleteYummylicious! Thanks for the recipe. I would definitely try this. Can't resist anything chocolaty!!!!
ReplyDeleteYum Yum. My grandson would like that. He is a chocoholic. I might have to surprise him with this treat.
ReplyDeleteMmmmmmm *drooling*
ReplyDeleteNat, please come and buy the house next door!
ReplyDeleteSP