Monday, 10 October 2011

This Weekend, I...




...reaffirmed my complete and utter hatred of crowded shopping malls! I've made a good start on my Christmas shopping, but the rest will have to be done online as I'm not going anywhere near the big shops until February 2012 at the earliest.


...indulged in a gorgeous strawberry gateau - shopping malls do have some compensations!




...was disappointed to watch both my teams (England and South Africa) crash out of the Rugby Union World Cup.

...disposed of some unwanted items at our local bulk recycling centre, and was reminded just how much we throw away as a society.




....discovered that my hubby has been popping my rather feminine 'evening primrose oil' capsules, mistaking them for his sports joint care ones!

....realised that autumn is very much upon us.








Photos taken with my phone camera 


So, what did you do this weekend?

11 comments:

  1. Christmas shopping? Oh my. It's waaaaaaaay too early for me. I'm impressed at your planning-aheadedness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this weekend was the BEST! My hubby and I along with our son who lives in town traveled two states to see our two other sons for a Birthday bash. It was the first time in two years we were all together....It was a fast weekend but a great one!

    Looks like you had a fun one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of those deep red leaves - they are the best part about autumn!

    What did I do this weekend? I played catch with the kids, we went to a movie, and we lazed around like bumps on a log. Perfection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Fall colors.
    I think I am going to skip Christmas this year..
    feeling Bah Humbug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nat! Thanks for dropping by at my blog :)
    The strawbery gateau looks yummylicious..I am drooling...
    Have a wonderful week ahead Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have the evening primrose tablets helped hubby get in touch with his feminine side? That's hilarious!
    Gorgeous images. I'm with you on shopping malls, can't bear them. Harsh lighting, vast, impersonal and clinical.
    The England team were appallingly badly behaved. we might perform terribly at world sporting events but we win for the baddest behaviour. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. All in all a diverse and interesting weekend for you Nat, mine was a little 'same old, same old' shopping (not Christmas yet!!)out for birthday dinner, that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mall, I may never go back! I dread the holiday season for all it's commercialness. This weekend I did some thrifting had lunch with a friend and spent time with family. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also hated the big malls. That is until I moved to a small town, 140km from the closest one. Now I crave going to them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on the shopping mall thing! I despise crowds. I would much rather be out with you taking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Vix - he's not really ever been in touch with his feminine side (apart from that infamous Rocky Horror Picture show party when he borrowed my clothes and was almost arrested for soliciting*!).... but he has been acting rather strangely, like volunteering to do the hoovering :-)
    *http://justaboutnat.blogspot.com/2010/08/just-sweet-transvestite-from-transexual.html

    ReplyDelete