Here are a few I captured in Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris...
And in St Leonard's Church that I wrote about here....
And finally, in St Michael's Church in Beer (Devon)....
“People are like stained-glass
windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets
in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.”
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Beautiful photos Nat - I find stained glass windows difficult to take, I do not think that my camera is really good enough.
ReplyDeleteGreat .. reminds me so much of my time there..
ReplyDeleteLove them all Nat, but think I like the St. Michael's best.
ReplyDeleteOh, Nat! I LOVE stained glass windows - have for a very very long time. And these are just spectacular. And the quote - one of my all time favorites. Really. Beautiful photos. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThe quote gave me chills and these images move me. I'm just about speechless. I haven't been in many churches, ya know don't wanna burn up upon entry ;p The churches in Peru blew my mind! They were not so much into stained glass but the insides were so ornate with all the gold detailing and intricate carvings, they just made you feel small.
ReplyDeleteLove these pictures Nat!
There's nothing like stained glass, it's makes natural light so intense and beautiful. Wonderfully captured, I recognised Notre Dame instantly. x
ReplyDeleteWow! Beautiful pics!
ReplyDelete