Wednesday, 12 October 2011

I'm the Party Pooper...Again

Darn!


Despite all my OCD attempts to stave off the disease-spreading microbes that go rampaging this time of the year...like washing my hands 200 times a day, overdosing on Vitamin C and avoiding anyone who has even the faintest hint of a sniffle...it appears some ballsy little bugs have made it through the antiseptic barrier, and taken up residence in the back of my throat.

They’re currently throwing a Block Party in my sinuses (as in “block-them-up”) and have tapped into my cranial nerves to power their stereo beat box, which is cranked at full volume inside my head....or at least that’s what it feels like!

In retaliation, I’m going for the Vaporise Plan of Action: exterminate the little pests with a constant onslaught of hot lemon and honey infusions, coupled with regular bouts of steam inhalation.



The Terminator found here

 
With a bit of luck, they won’t be back....
 
 
This is a re-post of a sad tale that first appeared way back in November 2009 - I'm reposting it as (a) I'm a big fan of recycling (b) hardly anyone read my blog in those days and (c) I'm too busy feeling sorry for myself to come up with anything new and original today!

6 comments:

  1. Just say "Asta la vista. Baby"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well see, because you're avoiding them so stringently, you're not being exposed to any of the bacteria therefore your immune system isn't building immunity to anything that's going around, making you MORE likely to succumb to any nasty strains. See? Call me doctor Veg. I'll make you some soup, honey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right, Dr Veg... as always! The perils of a germophobe (and being a medical writer!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks - but I do believe Dr Veg is on to something..! Maybe a little exposure to germs and such will keep you healthier? :-)

    (That´s at least what I hope everytime my dog Elsa licks my face...!)

    ReplyDelete