Monday, 19 April 2010

A Change Of Plans Can Be Good...

 Sadly, I don't have amazing pictures of Amsterdam or the Dutch bulbfields in all their spring glory to awe you with today.....and I still can't pronounce the name of that accursed Icelandic volcano that's grounded the whole of northern Europe for the foreseeable future. On the plus side, I'm not stranded in some far flung country like tens of thousands of people (including friends stuck in Singapore, trying to make their way back to the UK from New Zealand), or having to pay vast sums of money to try and get back across the Channel by ferry or Eurostar, with not much chance of a payout from travel insurance companies.

I did still have a fanatastic weekend, however, exploring my own backyard and soaking up the spring sunshine. Starting with a walk around the ruins of the once grand Houghton House, built in approximately 1615....




Then it was on to the Stowe Landscape Gardens for a walk in the beautiful grounds and a picnic lunch...











I love spring...the cherry blossom, the lambs running about...






There was a meeting of classic car enthusiasts going on at Stowe, so the opportunity to see some beautiful old motors...




But the best part of the weekend was a spa day, secretly booked by my wonderful husband on Friday when he knew the Amsterdam weekend was not happening... he only told me on Saturday night that we'd need to be up early Sunday to check in for a day of relaxation and pampering at Champneys Henlow Grange....bliss!

Perfectly pedicured piggies, better than the ones pictured HERE

Hope your weekends were good too!

5 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful photos. What a fabulous weekend you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that second picture. Gorgeous.

    Sorry about your travel plans, but like you said, it could be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of the pics look like the setting of a period movie like Pride and Prejudice. How sweet to end your weekend with such a nice treat. Glad to see you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing!! Makes me want to travel EVEN more!!!

    ReplyDelete