Picture found HERE
Way back when I first started throwing random mutterings together into one place and calling it a “blog”, I wrote a piece inspired by a conversation that I had with my hairdresser, a lady who definitely wears the trousers in her household, insisting that her man sits down to pee as she cannot abide the “Splash Factor”. In that post (Just Taking The Piss), I mentioned that while many men are quite happy to be “dudes who pee like a lady” in the interests of keeping the pee-ace at home, there was a group of feminists at a Swedish university who were taking it a step further. They’d been campaigning to ban all urinals from campus, “because a man standing up to urinate is deemed to be triumphing in his masculinity, and by extension, degrading women." I thought at the time that the feminists had missed a trick, because now, thanks to the SheWee, we girls can indeed stand up and pee too.
I have long been toying with the idea of acquiring said urinary aid, mainly to avoid having to sit on less than desirable public toilet seats on my travels both at home and abroad, or peeing onto my shoes while I attempt to hover over squat toilets (which are surprisingly more common than you may think....for example in parts of Italy!). I could have really used a SheWee when snowshoeing recently in Norway...having to strip down to just a base layer in subzero temperatures in order to get my pants down was no piss in the park, I can assure you. The wind chill on exposed butt cheek is sheer torture! No such need for public indecency with a SheWee, just unzip like the boys do, position the SheWee, and write your name in the snow...
Anyway, I have finally stopped pissing about and bought my very own, hot pink SheWee Extreme, complete with extension pipe and solid travel case. I figured the last thing I want to be doing, when hiking in the wilds of Canada in June and nature calls, is to be baring my sizeable butt to the elements or, in particular, to a hungry grizzly with a preference for white meat.

OK now I'm dying to know if they work as well as they say they do. Tell me you tested it out? :) And I love that you bought hot pink, because all accessories, no matter what, need to have an identity.
ReplyDeleteOh Nat!
ReplyDeleteYou can buy every device you want, just stay out of our bathrooms...
lol
Veg - Been practising in the shower and yip, it is pretty effective....haven't tried out with the extension pipe yet but I reckon that will get the aim even higher ;-)
ReplyDeletePat - the days of the Little Boys Only Room are numbered....just think, no more queues for the Ladies' ;-)
No way!!! How cool! I have always said how easy guys have it when it comes to pottying! Poop is the only grand equalizer! LOL! But I'm with the Veg Assassin - please tell me if this works! I think I'm still more comfortable with convention, but how halarious that this is marketed!
ReplyDeleteHahaha, it looks kinda like a vacuum cleaner!
ReplyDeleteThis was just too funny...
ReplyDeleteI'm still laughing.
P - funnily enough, the inventor of the SheWee (New Zealander, Samantha Fountain) was the winner of a James Dyson Award (as in Dyson vacuum cleaners) AND the 'suction' of the Shewee’s fit to ladies’ 'bits' has been likened to that of Dyson’s vacuum cleaners :-)
ReplyDeletesid - just in the shower so far, and so far so good, no major leakage etc (OK, TMI!) but must give it a proper try out soon....anyone walking in the woods near my house may get a suprise view sometime soon ;-)
ReplyDeleteyeah, I was shocked in Barga (Tuscany) and on the Cinque Terra trail to come across squat toilets...