The Northern Lights seen above the ash plume of Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull volcano.
Photo: REUTERS
Not surprisingly, there’s been a positive eruption of jokes about Iceland’s Eyjafjallajokull volcano on the internet in recent days. In case you missed them, here are my favourites.
But first, just a bit of background for anyone not living in the UK.... Iceland is the name of a British supermarket chain, specialising in cheap frozen foods (other giant supermarkets here are Tesco and Asda). Iceland is also a small country whose banking industry recently collapsed, taking with it gazillions of pounds worth of British taxpayers’ money.
It was the last wish of the Icelandic economy that its ashes be spread over Europe.
Iceland goes bankrupt, then it manages to set itself on fire. This has insurance scam written all over it.
Iceland, we wanted your cash, not your ash.
I came out my house yesterday and was hit on the head by a bag of frozen sausages, a chocolate gateau and some fish fingers. I realised it must be the fallout from Iceland.
Volcano in Iceland. What next... Earthquake in Asda?
Waiter, there's volcanic ash in my soup. I know, it's a no-fly zone.
Richard Curtis is working on a new rom-com about people stuck in an airport who fall in love. The working title is "Lava Actually".
It’s a bit early for Iceland volcano jokes. We should wait a while for the dust to settle.
Jokes sourced HERE
Happy Friday!

:)
ReplyDeleteI hadn't heard any of those! I was away...
Those are so funny! I "errupted" with laughter as I read them! (OK - that was really bad! Sorry!) Hope you have a great weekend!!!
ReplyDelete"Erupted" - sorry - got carried away! Didn't mean to make an "ash" of myself. (I'm going to stop now.)
ReplyDeleteUG - Welcome back ...you missed loads of exciting stuff! There was almost a shortage of curly wurlies due to panic buying post The Volcanic Ash Event.
ReplyDeleteAndrea - Hahaha x 2 :-) Hope a good weekend too..
Thanks for the Friday funnies.
ReplyDeleteI think I am definitely one of the lucky ones who benefitted from all the ash :0)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you explained first about the supermarket!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat photo :-)
That was too darn funny! Great post...
ReplyDelete