You guessed it! It's time for Where In The World Wednesday, the ever popular feature hosted by Classy in Philadelphia. If you want to take part, all you have to do is post a picture of someplace in the world, then visit the comments section later on Classy in Philadelphia's post to see who else is participating, and leave your link so that other participants can visit your blog too. Remember to use the WITWW button in your post.
Appropriately (given the current disruptions to air travel!) I'm just popping north of the border today....to bonnie Scotland! Back in the long hot summer of 2003, B and I did a 5-day drive from Glasgow to the Isle of Skye via Fort William, then up the west coast to Ullapool, round the top of the country as far as the Kyle of Tongue (we didn't make it to John O'Groats, unfortunately) and back down again along the east coast, stopping at Inverness, Pitlochry, Perth and Stirling.
Not a great map but best I could find!
Near Glen Coe
Waterfall in the Highlands
On the Isle of Skye
On the Isle of Skye
Hairy "coos" at the Highlands Rare Breeds Farm
Cove near the Kyle of Tongue
Hills of heather
Loch Ness....no sign of Nessie though!
Stirling Castle











Thanks for the tour.. I have never been
ReplyDeleteto Scotland.. looks like an interesting
place to visit..
Ack. Homesickness. :( I haven't been home for a visit in almost three years. For the record, Glencoe is one of my favourite places. Windy and sparse. Excellent. Last time I was in the highlands a sheep chased me. This is no fun for a lowland girl, I can't vouch for highlanders.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! The cows are adorable.
ReplyDeleteAnd I feel guilty that you seem to have seen more of Scotland than I have!
faye - I would highly recommend it!
ReplyDeleteVeg - I've been chased by a frisky donkey in the Alps once, but never sheep....they hold no fear for me, as there are so many around here where I live :-)
P - Thanks...it's normally the case that you never get to see your home country as much as tourists do ;-)