Friday, 28 January 2011

Better In Than Out...

And now I bring you some breaking news… well, news about breaking wind, at least…

The government of Malawi (yes that little African country where Madonna likes to go baby shopping) is planning on putting a plug in public pooting. Call the flatulence police… coz breaking wind will soon be a crime. 




Plans to punish persistent offenders 'who foul the air' is all part of the government’s bid to 'mould responsible and disciplined citizens.' But locals fear that pinning responsibility on the crime will be difficult - and may lead to miscarriages of justice as 'criminals' attempt to blame others for their offence.

Personally, I wouldn’t kick up such a stink about it.

 


11 comments:

  1. So does this mean people there generally go around farting triumphantly and drawing attention to it? And does it mean that after a nice fibrous dinner, if one accidentally emits a silent but deadly stench attached air biscuit, someone will ticket them for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you kidding? Really? I need to borrow that sign in my house - my husband could really use that! Is that too much information? Sorry ... I like to share!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is just hilarious!
    I guess they had REALLY better watch what they eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too funny. What will be the
    punishment ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! This made me laugh. They could always do like us Americans and blame the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess they'll have to perfect squeezing the cheeks and holding it in!! HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the strangest bit of news I've ever read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude that's just weird. Don't they have enough problems as it is? Shouldn't they just worry about creating a stable economy???

    ReplyDelete
  9. So if one accidentally cracks sulfur then what will happen to them? Will they be placed in the fart tank?

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, I'm laughing so hard I got choked. Literally. That's HILARIOUS!! If you don't mind, I'd like to borrow your first image for my classroom. My second graders would get a HUGE kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It wasn't me! It was the dog! lol

    ReplyDelete