Like this one....
FBF1: Happy Birthday old girl!! :) Have a wonderful day! Your chromed-walker is on back-order!
FBF2: (fighting talk!! :) )
FBF1: But I should get brownie points for "chromed".. shouldn't I.. ?
FBF2: Perhaps gold encrusted with diamonds would have been in line for a single Brownie point.
FBF1: Wow, tough crowd.. Are you calling the birthday girl a hard-to-please?
Me [much later in the day]: Oi! Talking behind my back you two? Thanks FBF1...did you get a BOGOF deal when you ordered yours?
FBF1: Behind your back?.. thought they said the memory was the first to go.. sounds like it's the hearing for you, mate :) Sorry, I'm not up on the pensioner lingo.. BOGOF.. British Old Girl Something Something..? oh, is that buy one get one free,... is it.. nice one.. Can't order one for meself, there'd be nothing good to look forward to when I get to your age, dearie.. :))
FBF2: Haha, good one, Nat.
Who needs enemies, hey? But I do just love the way two people who have never met each other, sitting on other sides of the world... the one in LA, the one in South Africa... can have a "conversation" on my page like that. I guess that's why it's called social networking...

Happy Belated birthday Nat xxx!
ReplyDeleteThat is so true! Kinda like blogging, huh?
ReplyDeleteI'm late, but still... Happy, happy birthday!! May the coming year bring you more laughter than tears. May you count your joys and learn from your sorrow. May you know how truly blessed you are.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday dear Nat!
ReplyDeleteMay each and every passing year bring you wisdom, peace and cheer.
And a Happy Belated to you! It is quite amusing when Facebook friends carry on conversations that way :) Hope you had a great Birthday!
ReplyDeleteI love that about Facebook!
ReplyDelete