Harbour at Aberaeron
1. A few days in a cosy, coastal cottage is a great way to recharge life’s batteries before the New Year.
2. I really do like to be beside the seaside, whatever the weather.
Aberporth, Cardigan Bay
3. Snowdonia National Park is spectacular…
Even in the bleak midwinter
And especially at sunset
4. Hot white chocolate topped with white marshmallows is creamily delicious and very drinkable.
5. So too is mulled red wine.
6. Hobbling about on a broken stiletto heel is not the most dignified look on New Year’s Eve, and could lead others to believe that too much mulled wine has been consumed.
7. Sparklers can turn any dessert festive…
8. “Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!” means “Happy New Year!” in Welsh.
Aberaeron
How did you celebrate the start of 2011?
I didn't bring in the New Year as festive as you that's for sure!! We did dinner and a movie, watched our neighbors firework show, kissed and went to bed!! HA
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Nat!!
What a perfect way to celebrate! I traveled to Jersey.
ReplyDeleteLooks fantastic to me. That sunset is breathtaking! I did double take for a moment thinking there was a photo of coffee with a ton of sugar lumps floating on top. Like "HOW MUCH SUGAR, NAT?". Phew. :) Marshmallows on white hot chocolate = much better. WHITE hot chocolate, not white HOT chocolate though. Hee. That's a bit too hot, huh! Happy new year.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos Nat! It does look relaxing there.
ReplyDeleteHere's to a happy and healthy 2011!
that chocolate looks soooo delicious!
ReplyDeleteBlwyddyn Newydd Dda to you too!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos!
Oh, what beautiful photos! Did you see the Prince of Wales while there? (And I too love the sea no matter what time of year.)
ReplyDeleteCelebrated New Year's Eve/day in a club and had a braai at 3 in the morning ...
ReplyDeleteAny resolutions for the new year?
Thanks for the nice comments, everyone :-) Blwyddyn Newydd Dda to you all!
ReplyDeleteVeg - white hot chocolate might be a tad toasty!
Tracy - think he's too busy planning his wedding to Kate in London in April :-)
Sid - I'm working on them... will post soon ;-)