Tuesday, 3 January 2012

You'll Go Ape... For My Banana Muffins!

Yeah, yeah...we're all on new year diets, etc etc...but these easy peasy banana muffins don't count, do they? After all, they're one of your recommended 5-A-Day fruit and veg!



What you need

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream (or crème fraiche or plain yoghurt if you prefer)
1 tsp. vanilla essence
4 ripe bananas (mashed)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)


What you do

Preheat oven to 180C/350F.

Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light, then beat in eggs until smooth.

Add flour and soda, alternately with sour cream/yoghurt.

Add vanilla, bananas and nuts. Mix.

Divide batter among 12 paper lined muffin cups.

Bake at 180C/350F for 25 to 30 minutes.

Et voila!


8 comments:

  1. I love to put some bananas into my baking - my hubby do not... He has something against fruit in baked good, so WEIRD! I do bake it anyway in between so I´ll remeber these. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT MAKING BANANA MUFFINS, if I make a dozen I will eat a dozen, in probably 1O minutes !!(they do look delish though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure look good and I love bananas. Got to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy! I made your chocolate tart and it was delicious and EASY!
    Thank you Nat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe looks simple and good. I've never added sour cream to muffins, I must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're killing me here :) Those look AWESOME!
    Sigh
    Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds so good! I love bananas and eat at least a bunch a week! I may have to try this recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete