Dear Howling Gale (that’s been blowing almost incessantly for the past three days and keeping me awake at night, rattling every window pane and threatening to lift our roof tiles)
Enough already!
That is all.
.........
Dear Nat’s Mouth
You and I have had a bit of a stormy relationship over the past 37 years... well, you started the whole thing by giving me so much grief on the Teeth Front! Firstly, I’m told I was a horrendous teether, really struggling to cut those first teeth as wee Nat. Then you thought it would be hilarious to set my teeth up with a massive overbite/Bugs Bunny lookalike that took no less than four years of painful orthodontic treatment to rectify. Just when I got that all sorted out, you decided to mess things up again by giving me 9 wisdom teeth. Normal people just get 4... some very lucky people get none. Did you have to be so generous? Two lots of extractions and possibly a third operation lined up for the very near future.... the novelty of this hyperdentia thing is wearing a little thin.
And another thing... what’s with the regular plagues of mouth ulcers and infections? Like that time back in July 2005 when I couldn’t talk, let alone eat for 3 days. To be fair, perhaps it was Nat’s Immunity kicking in... I had just had a whole load of jabs in preparation for the Caribbean trip. Or maybe it was all down to stress – just the day after those jabs, I spent two hours fretting that my hubby was possibly on the Northern line tube that got blown up by some criminally insane suicide bomber? Luckily though, as he’d missed his first train to London that morning, he arrived late at Kings’ Cross to find all hell had broken loose and the mobile phone lines were jammed... but he was safe! Whatever the case may be, could you please make a pact with Nat’s Immunity so that we don’t have a repeat of Ulcergate when I have to play pin cushion at the Travel Clinic later today for all manner of jabs to ward off potential nasty diseases in Vietnam and Cambodia?
Much appreciated!
.........
Dear Boxercise Instructor (aka Drill Sergeant #1) and Aikido Sensei (aka Drill Sergeant #2)
Go easy on me please... it’s been a while since I did some serious exercise, and there has been a lot of stuffing of my face in-between. I may be slightly heavier footed than back in 2011...
Yours
Nat


How many wisdom teeth? You are obviously a very wise woman, Nat!!
ReplyDeleteVery much looking forward to hearing about your impending trip. It's only the thought of having to live off Pot Noodles if I went travelling in Vietnam that puts me off. xxx
NINE wisdom teeth.. I have never heard of tha before, you are unique Nat, but I already knew that even before I read this post. Good luck with the exercise, you'll be fine, says me having damaged her knee doing too much exercise!! Enjoy Vietnam and Cambodia, should be be an amazing trip.
ReplyDeleteHaha, sorry but this post cracked me up so bad! I removed some wisdom teeth through surgery when I was 15..! :-)
ReplyDeleteNine wisdom teeth? Oh ouch!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous of you going to VN and Cambodia.
I've been there, but under much different circumstances. I'd like to go again with nobody shooting at me! Enjoy your trip!
Haha! It is so funny but I have two daughters who cannot talk about "teeth" without feeling queasy. Nine wisdom teeth? How did that happen?
ReplyDeleteOh well, can you just pass me one of those easy peasy banana healthy treats?
Bises
Genie
Hahahahaha ... I love this. Good grief - 9 wisdom teeth? Holy moly!!
ReplyDeleteMuch love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde