Lille's Cathedral.... more a curiosity than beautiful. Building work began in 1854, but the money ran out halfway through construction. Work began again
in the 1990s, with the cathedral finally inaugurated in 1999.
I love stained glass work and this is gorgeous. Places like these literally bring me to my knees. The only churches I have seen like this were in Peru and they just blew me away. Great pictures!
The interior is just stunning. You photos are wonderful Nat.
ReplyDeleteSpectacular images Nat, the window and also the floor look amazing, thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite places and you have captured it magnificently...
ReplyDeleteHope you had a chocolate crepe from the sidewalk vendor on the corner..
Lille? Are you still standing or do they need to roll you along on your new belly?
ReplyDeleteFantastic shots, Nat!
ReplyDeleteStunning!!
ReplyDeleteStunning. I had forgotten how beautiful this place was.
ReplyDeleteX x
This is an absolutely wonderous place both inside and out. Simply stunning.
ReplyDeleteLovely! Glad to have found you! (I'm a big fan of candle shots, too!)
ReplyDeleteI love stained glass work and this is gorgeous. Places like these literally bring me to my knees. The only churches I have seen like this were in Peru and they just blew me away. Great pictures!
ReplyDeleteI don't even know where to start on this one! These are all beautiful. BUT, that golden light in the first several is AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post!
Wow, those stained glass windows are breathtaking. You've really captured some amazing shots here.
ReplyDeleteThe windows . . . . They are beautiful. Really great pictures.
ReplyDelete