Monday, 1 August 2011

Food, Glorious Food!

It was a wonderfully warm, sunny, summery weekend... just perfect for dining Al fresco. And there was a lot of eating for me this weekend... pub garden lunches, Aikido BBQ and entertaining outdoors at home too.

Note to self.... 2 kg of potato salad and 1 kg of curry rice is probably just a tad excessive... even for 30 guests at a BBQ!

To make potato salad, boil "baby" or salad potatoes till just going soft, drain and cool. Then mix with Lite salad cream and chopped chives, salt and pepper to taste


To make curry rice salad: prepare some yellow rice by boiling rice with tumeric; rinse and strain and allow to cool. Mix with raisins, sweet bell peppers, celery, Lite salad cream, curry powder, cumin, mango chutney and salt and pepper to taste


 
Teenage Mutant Ninja Strawberry!



So... how were your weekends?

9 comments:

  1. I spent mine traveling but at least Monday is looking up with all of these wonderful pictures of food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok that strawberry is a hoot! I made quite the yummy peach/raspberry cobbler. The raspberries came from my garden and the peaches were fresh off the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy. The pictures make my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no such thing as too much potato salad. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoses strawberries are magnificent

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Bossy Betty, potato salad..keep it coming !! Pretty 'interesting' strawberries Nat, bet they tasted just as good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious and easy I am totally gonna make both of these! I love all the yummy foods available in summer. Some favorites are Mount Rainer cherries, Hood strawberries, sugar snap peas and green beans!

    See now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your recipes look yummy. I am trying to cook more. These are things I will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to bite into that strawberry!

    ReplyDelete