Thursday, 4 August 2011

Due To Lack Of Interest, Today Is Cancelled!



It's been one of those days when I wish I'd just stayed in bed...

I overslept. See, my body knew shite awaited and was trying to avoid.

I snagged my beloved white throw while making the bed, so it now has a horrible little run and hole on one side... another sign that I should never have gotten out of bed.

The porridge boiled over in the microwave. I've been using the same jug and the same quantities of milk and oats every day for the last five years, but TODAY, the gods of the Microwave Miracle decided they'd have some fun. Cleaning porridge off the microwave is not funny. Not having enough porridge left to eat also gives me a sense of humour failure... quite possibly, it's my Glycaemic Index taking flight...

I'd left the window open in my office yesterday evening - it had been a balmy night that turned to rain... meaning I was mopping up puddles on the windowsill and carpet this morning! Arrrrghh!!!

I opened my email box to a stream of commands (not requests!) from The Demanding Client, most of them I can't even begin to understand let alone address.

The power went off during my teleconference with The Shambolic Client - it took me at least 10 seconds to realise that we were not having another awkward moment of silence, just silence! Just a momentary blip, but enough to knock out my internet and phone for at least 10 minutes.

I had a tense conversation with The Sarcastic Client, who wants the world but only wants to pay the price of a pebble off Brighton beach, but even that's negotiable.

I've just sliced off a good part of my index finger, attempting to chop tomatoes at lunch.

And it's not even 2 pm yet.....


Hope your days are going better!

8 comments:

  1. Nat! Hope your day got better as it went along! Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that day last week. Damn days. These are reasons that mental health days should be a "thing". We need days to just sleep, eat cake and forget that annoying stuff. Recharge. You think? I know you do. :) Hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck. That really IS a bad day. Overflowing oatmeal is more than enough to get my day off to a bad start. Hope tomorrow's better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness you poor dear! I don't blame you one bit for wanting to cancel today, hope things get better for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some days when microwaves explode, cups of hot coffee break, and water is spilled on the keyboard, and the keys to the apartment fall into the elevator gap. Just one of those days :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a string of those days not long ago. Gave me wrinkles.

    You know. 'Cause I didn't have any before. :-)

    It's bound to get better, right?

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, dear friend . . . what a BLAH! day. Although very entertaining for me, the reader! ;) Definitely a day to stay in bed ... I've had a few of those myself lately - so I completely get it. Here's hoping today (and tomorrow, and so on) are better! Augh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read tomorrow's post first (I'm back from the future). Bad days do happen to all of us, but this also get better! Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete