Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Pancakes For Supper!

To celebrate Shrove Tuesday, we had savoury pancakes for supper... given my rather shoddy culinary skills and half-arsed excuse of a stove, I worried the evening may end in tears, house fires, divorce and some hungry bellies, but it was a surprisingly successful cookathon!

I made curried mince filling (you can use lamb or beef) but you could try any other savoury filling, like cheese, tuna, cajun chicken, whatever takes your fancy.

I cheated a little, using a batter mix from a well known British supermarket... just have to add one egg and 250 mL water.

















Best served with Mrs Balls' chutney... one of South Africa's greatest exports, luckily easily available in most British supermarkets.

Are you having pancakes today?

9 comments:

  1. I wasn't going to have any, but now that I've seen this, I think I will... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast for dinner! Here! Here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast for dinner is always a hit! Your pancakes look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food photos are my favorite..
    and these are great..
    Pancakes are perfect for any time
    of the day... yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am hungry now! It looks like our traditional food here which we have for tea. We also added chopped potatoes.I always buy the frozen one. It's about time for me to prepare on my own and I'll try to find the batter mix from tesco. We do have Tesco supermarket here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were yummy... but I still feel fat :-)
    TK - I think Tesco are taking over the world...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Cow - check YOU out!!! You culinary diva, you!!!! Very impressive, my dear...VERY impressive! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! Looks like it was a success! I'm hoping one day I can accomplish such a thing :) I'm actually in the process of doing away with all "instant" foods. Just hoping I can brave the task of making all my own homemade goodness. Without fires. Or Burns. Or a divorce. heh

    ReplyDelete