Pricey Pooch photo found here
A red Tibetan Mastiff puppy has become the world's most expensive dog after being sold for the equivalent of almost £1 million... to an obscenely wealthy coal baron from the north of China. The pup's new owner reckons he'll recoup his investment in just a couple of years, as he'll be hiring the mastiff out for stud duties.
"Hong Dong" (Big Splash) will certainly want for nothing.
But I do wonder if he'll be as happy as these slightly more ordinary hounds....
Happy hounds snapped on the Isle of Wight, October 2010

I think all dogs are lovely, but the lovliest dogs are mutts. I'm a big fan of the mongrel. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso that red Mastiff makes me want red velvet cake REALLY bad. :)
Oh my how adorable! I'm such an animal person. :)
ReplyDeleteHe is beautiful.. but he would be miserable
ReplyDeleteif he lived in the Florida heat.
A Jack Russell rules our house.
I like your new header, but seriously
Nat you need to change the 'nobody'...
Love your new look, Nat!!!
ReplyDeleteAll these doggies are adorable!
So, so cute! Man he looks soft! I am a doggy lover and really don't care what his pedigree is.
ReplyDeleteLove your blog! Thanks for the follow on mine and for the sweet comment.xxx
ReplyDeleteFabulous newness Nat! Love the photos and the fact that this pooch matches my hair color. If only I were that sought after...well...actually, I like living my non-sought-after life hehe :)
ReplyDeleteOoh lala. The color definitely made it expensive....so adorable. I love animal snapshots :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I don't think I have ever seen one of those! I guess a dog only knows what happy is as far as his own nose. Would that people could be so lucky!
ReplyDelete