Wednesday, 23 March 2011

The Girl With The Violet Eyes


Elizabeth Taylor
27 February 1932 - 23 March 2011


I do think the term “Hollywood Legend” is bandied about too often these days…but I also think that today we lost a genuine one.





Some famous quotes of the great actress-philanthropist....

"If someone's dumb enough to offer me a million dollars to make a picture, I'm certainly not dumb enough to turn it down."

“Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.”





“I am a very committed wife. And I should be committed too – for being married so many times.”

“The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they’re going to have some pretty annoying virtues.”




“If it is not to make the world better what is money for?”

“When people say, ‘She’s got everything’, I’ve got one answer – I haven’t had tomorrow.”






12 comments:

  1. Really great tribute ... LOVE the quotes you selected - some really great ones. And the photos - she really was stunning, wasn't she? Rest in peace, Ms. Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP. She certainly was larger than life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tribute to an amazing woman. I was so sad when I heard yesterday that she had passed away. Two weeks ago my husband and I went to see a production of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf". I had never seen the movie version, for which Ms. Talyor had won many accolades. After seeing the play I just knew I had to see the film. And indeed, her performance was everything I imagined it to be and more. - G

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing life! Glad you posted this tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shit. You changed your header. Georgeous! Have you really travelled to all those places???

    I love the last quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks :-)
    @Sid - I thought it was time for a change....yes, I've been lucky enough to go to all of them: Paris for my 30th, Egypt in 2008, Lake Peyto (Canada) last year, Norway end of 2009, Grand Canyon 2008 and the ground beneath my feet in Blighty (UK)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one was my favorite: “The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they’re going to have some pretty annoying virtues.” As to my favorite of her movies, it was Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. You?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Relyn, it has to be 'Cleopatra' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Travel photos are lovely ;) And Elizabeth is a beautiful woman. My fave would have to be ‘She’s got everything’, I’ve got one answer – I haven’t had tomorrow.”

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first celebrity crush!
    Great tribute Nat...

    ReplyDelete