Anyone who has travelled to SE Asia will be familiar with the feeling of being all "templed out"... eventually you reach the point when you've just visited enough temples. I hit my threshold about halfway through our Vietnam tour ... and that was long before the intensive two days we spent at the Angkor temples in Siem Reap, Cambodia....more on those another day!
Nevertheless, I did visit some fascinating temples in Hanoi, Da Nang and Hoi An.....
Please click on any of the photos to enlarge as a slideshow
Well of Heavenly Clarity at the Temple of literature - Hanoi
Floral sculptures in the Temple of literature - Hanoi
Altars to Confucius and his disciples
Altar to the founder King Lý Nhân Tông - Temple of Literature
Pagoda in Hoan Kiem Lake - Hanoi
Pagoda in Hoan Kiem Lake - Hanoi
Marble Mountain Temple - Da Nang
Pagoda at Marble Mountain - Da Nang
Buddhist Temple in cave in Marble Mountains
Incense coils at Phuc Kien Assembly Hall - Hoi An
Phuc Kien Assembly Hall - Hoi An
Hi dear friend!! It's hrd to imagine actually. Ecoming "templed out" when looking at these photos . . . Really, so beautiful. I love the ornate-ness (is that a word? Oh, I'm sure it's not, but it is the only thing I can think of at this moment) of the temples. So beautiful to me. I am loving this trip, Nat. If i haven't said it before, i do think it's my favorite!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your visits to my blog, friend. Each comment i see from you makes a great big smile appear on my face!!! Hugs!
Thanks Leanne.... likewise! :-)
DeleteLordy . . . Did you see the mess of a typing job this darn auto-correct feature did on my original comment? So sorry . . . must get to work on that Leanne translation book!
DeleteYes, it is amazing how you can become blasé so quickly, and then later think I wish I could return to have another look. That is the good thing about photos they are a perfect reminder. I am just about to click on to them and have a more detailed look. Enjoy your upcoming trip.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rosemary - well remembered :-)
DeleteIntended to say how much I love those incense coils they look quite abstract.
ReplyDeleteSame thing happens in Peru where you get "ruined out" there's some more ruins. Are British the same way about castles :) I am in love with Marble Mountain~ the temple is incredible. The huge incense coils are mind blowing to me, I bet the air smells sweet!
ReplyDeleteOooh I wish I could be ruined out in Peru! One day....
DeleteI love seeing everything you've done! :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteThank you!
DeleteThese temples are sooooooooo elaborate. Much like theme parks. LOL! Looking forward to see the Angkor temples
ReplyDelete