So...after bombarding you all with nothing but photos from my now not-so-recent South African trip these past few weeks [read “She’s too darn lazy to write anything these days!”], I thought I’d mix things up a bit with some rather random ramblings of the written variety.
Confused yet? Keep reading....
Confused yet? Keep reading....
This goes out in response to this blog award that the fabulous Meowlissa at Meowlissa the Domesticated has bestowed upon me....
If you don’t know Meowlissa yet, you really should go and check her blog out...not only is she a very talented artist, she is one witty lady with a sense of humour that strikes just the right chord with me [Meowlissa, is this enough grovelling to qualify for my acceptance speech?].... and like me, she’s a big fan of monkeys, which is always a good thing.
As is usually the case with these Bloggy Oscars, there are some acceptance rules....
#1 Thank and link back to the person that has given you this award.
Thanks M! Just in case you missed the bit above/skimmed over it hoping to get to the juicy bit, here’s where she hangs out.... Meowlissa the Domesticated
#2 Share 7 things about yourself.
OK, how on earth can I share anything even vaguely original or interesting about me that I haven’t alreadybored you all with written about before? More importantly, is there anything even vaguely original or interesting about me? Perhaps not, but I’m going to go for a Days Of The Week/Days of My Life theme... “Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives...”
OK, how on earth can I share anything even vaguely original or interesting about me that I haven’t already
Sunday
And the child that is born on the Sabbath Day,
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay
I don't fit that description on so many fronts ... but in one aspect it’s true: I made my grand entrance into this world (or more accurately, the Lady Chancellor Maternity Ward, Salisbury, Rhodesia [now Mbuya Nehanda, Parirenyatwa Hospital, Harare, Zimbabwe]) in the early hours of Sunday, January 20th 1974. My mom had a very quick labour (this being the 1970s that was lucky as it was natural childbirth and all that shite, with my dad keeping well out of things until he was presented with a clean, but wriggly little girl, weighing in at almost 8 pounds and with a full head of hair).
You can read more about the world that I was born into in one of my earliest attempts at blogging, over here.
Monday
Important things have happened to me on a Monday... I went from being Miss Nat to Dr Nat in the Jamieson Hall, University of Cape Town one sunny December afternoon back in 2001. Exactly one week later, overlooking Noordhoek Beach on an even sunnier and scorchingly hot day, I became Mrs B...but I kept the Dr Nat part too (coz I’m vain like that!).
Tuesday
I really hate Tuesdays... I do! I even wrote a whole post about my hatred for them over here.
Bad things always happen on Tuesdays... one of the most memorable for me is the tragic and unnecessary death of a bright, outgoing, 30-year old colleague who suffered an embolism after a DVT was overlooked. May 17th, 2005 – she is never forgotten.
Wednesday
This is the day I have to don corporate gear (as opposed to my usual scruffy shirk-at-home attire) and head into my office. Typically a long day, including a 4-hour round trip, that usually leaves me feeling hung out to dry and not really fit for purpose by the end of it. Wednesday’s a good night to collapse on the couch, one eye on rubbishy TV, another perusing your entertaining blogs, and the third eye...har! Just checking you’re still awake at the halfway mark...
Thursday
Thursday evenings, you’re likely to find me being thrown around/throwing others around the mat of the Aikido dojo, and generally embarrassing myself with my ineptness and lack of hand versus foot co-ordination.
Friday
At last the weekend is here, although sometimes it’s a bit reluctant to kick off. Why are work deadlines always set to Friday evening…especially if I have plans to get away in good time? Fridays are frequently freakin' frantic!
Saturday
The best day of the week! Given a choice, I would spent it exploring somewhere new, taking loads of photos and just generally being outdoors. More often than not, we're away visiting friends and family or hosting for the weekend, but every now and again it's nice to just veg at home, on our own. An ideal Saturday at home for me would start with a good, long lie-in, then tea in bed before an invigorating pre-breakfast….walk. Some time to potter about and maybe get some chores and shopping done, before meeting friends for dinner.
Yes, I have life-membership to the Boring Old Farts Club…
Yes, I have life-membership to the Boring Old Farts Club…
And that’s the end of that....
#3 Award 15 blogs you feel deserve the award.
This is really the worst part about these things - how do you award some people and not others? How about those who aren’t into these blog award things? Let me make my life easy... if you’re on my Blog Roll (see right hand side of page) consider yourself awarded! Haaaa! GOTCHA!
#4 Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
On my To Do List



MONKEYS! Woohoo!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the taggy-poo, Nat =)
And you know we always enjoy your blog, whether it is full of photo goodness or ramblings of the like. Its safe to say, you are pretty awesome.
Thanks Meowlissa :-)
ReplyDeleteLoved this! Will try and share 7 things ASAP!
ReplyDeleteThanks for "sharing!" They were great answers.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the award. Lot's of work getting them things, isn't it?
@ Pat - it is hard work but always an honour :-) Hope you take part...
ReplyDelete