Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning and then just a bit more cleaning!
This has been the theme of my weekend… with the kitchen on the verge of completion (photos will be posted soon!), it’s been time to start waging war on the thick layer of dust covering every surface, every nook, every cranny… every cranny’s granny.
A total of 10 hours' dust busting yesterday, and another 6 today...I may have slightly overdone things, but I reckon I’ve burned off a chocolate bar or two! I still have to unpack the stored kitchen stuff and then tackle the rest of the house….but that’s for another day.
This has been the theme of my weekend… with the kitchen on the verge of completion (photos will be posted soon!), it’s been time to start waging war on the thick layer of dust covering every surface, every nook, every cranny… every cranny’s granny.
A total of 10 hours' dust busting yesterday, and another 6 today...I may have slightly overdone things, but I reckon I’ve burned off a chocolate bar or two! I still have to unpack the stored kitchen stuff and then tackle the rest of the house….but that’s for another day.
Happy Fathers’ Day to all the Dads and Dads-To-Be!
It’s been the first one for me without my dad, and I feel a bit sad today. People say the first year after you lose someone close to you is the worst, as it brings the first of a whole load of days without the one you lost….. their birthday, your birthday, Christmas and so on.
I would love for my dad to have seen the new kitchen - completed. He saw the plans, came with us to the showroom to view the cabinets just a few weeks before he passed away, and was very excited for us about everything. That’s how my dad was, always enthusiastic about everything, always seeing the possibilities. I’m sure that if he can, he’ll pop by sometime...armed with his can of WD40 and his trusty Philips screwdriver, he'll check the hinges are oiled and the handles are secured. Just in case.


dusting, ahhh.. makes for good times. I swear, I dust and two seconds later my places is covered in dust again! lol
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your dad wasnt here today, but hes in your heart and soul so think of him here :) He lives on with your memories and good thoughts.
All my best to you :) Hope you have a dust free week now that you got that all done.
You can come over to my place anytime ..
ReplyDeletecould always use a good dusting.
Did the chocolate help ??
Hey Nat, glad your kitchen is almost complete and that you showed that dust who's the boss (in my house the dust knows it's the boss, but one of these days the tables will turn haha!) Sorry to hear about your Dad, I do know how you feel, it takes time before it gets easier, but eventually somehow it does. Take care.
ReplyDeleteOh, Nat ... You've been working so hard - go ahead and enjoy one of those chocolate bars for me. Can't wait to see the pics of the finished kitchen (that's so exciting to me.) And take it all one day at a time with the loss of your Dad. It does get easier - you will heal - little by little. Sending you hugs, my friend.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have such great memories of your father, they come in handy on times like this.
ReplyDeleteDusting is a never ending chore, but worse so when it comes to remodeling.
Hang in there!!
This must have been a tough one for you.
ReplyDeleteSometimes dusting is a good thing, even if it's being done mainly for distraction. At least for me it is...