Forget Blue Mondays, I hate Tuesdays!
For some reason it's the kind of day that really drags on and seems to have no purpose, a kind of “nothing day”. We've got Mondays that mark the beginning of the week, when you’re feeling revitalised after the weekend... then Wednesdays that are slap bang in the middle of the week (the “Hump Day”), Thursdays mean that we are one day closer to the weekend, and then finally you've got Friday, the last working day of the week, before it's the weekend. Yippee!
Tuesdays are unlucky... fact! And I quote from the Fount of All Knowledge, Wikipedia…
In the Greek world, Tuesday (the day of the week of the Fall of Constantinople) is considered an unlucky day. The same is true in the Spanish-speaking world, where a proverb runs: “En martes, ni te cases ni te embarques”, meaning, “On Tuesday, neither get married nor begin a journey.” For both Greeks and Spanish-speakers, the 13th of the month is considered unlucky if it falls on Tuesday, instead of “Friday the 13th”.
And if it’s in Wikipedia…it MUST be true!
In my experience, if things are going to go wrong, they will go wrong on a Tuesday. Without fail. Today was no exception. It’s taken many weeks and several visits from the plumber... and sadly not this hot one...
I know you all wanted to see him again!
Very soon I was well on my way to owning the indoor pool I’d always dreamed off! Cutting the pump and water supply was the only solution, until the not-so-hot plumber could come by and confirm my suspicions that it was a valve problem.
Simple enough, you’d think - just get a replacement valve...not when you can’t locate the paperwork left by the Dodgy Cowboy Plumber that fitted the bathroom in the first place, to track down a model number. The head office of Dodgy-Cowboy-Plumbers-R-Us were no help either... I’d phoned them desperately hoping they may still have the details of the shower they supplied us on file, but to no avail.
And we’ve got bigger problems too... all that turning on and off the water at the mains has knackered (official plumbing speak) the stop cock [Snigger! Now you see why I refer to plumbing in the masculine]. This is a big job that may involve cutting into walls and destroying plastering.
I await the verdict with dread.....
In the meantime, today was the day my superduper, new, double-split-level-eyeball-level-stainless-steel-with bells-on-it oven was scheduled for delivery... as it's a Tuesday, I was preparing myself for disaster. Especially when I opened the door to spy one skinny little dude whose command of the English language apparently extended to "Yep!" and the completely different "Yep!". I was wondering how he was going to wrestle the bulky package all by himself (as I sure as hell wasn't going to risk dropping it on my foot or putting my back out) through the house to its temporary storage spot, the conservatory. Thankfully, help was shortly at hand in the form of his beefier partner who also had a few more words to his repertoire.... like "Sign here!" [to me] and "Lift it you idiot... at the bottom!" [to the Yep Man].
Behold the new oven....isn't she lovely?
Hope you’re having a good Tuesday!





I've said this for years you know - Tuesdays are way worse than Mondays. They're twice as long for one thing. When I worked in an office Mondays flew by then Tuesday arrived. OMG. Three weeks long. :)
ReplyDeleteWow ... if only mr. plummer really looked like that. Wait ... let me look at him one more time.
ReplyDeleteyep ... if only.
Now I'm really depressed. ;)
Hang in there!
Did I really just type "plummer" instead of "plumber" . . . I have no brains when such hotness is near. Augh . . .
ReplyDeleteYeah, the thing with Tuesdays are they are my Monday's then Wednesday is the hump day and Thursday are my Fridays. So my work week is not the normal but I love having a four day weekend so no complaints here!!
ReplyDeleteI don't mind Tuesdays.. a sign for me that the
ReplyDeleteworkweek is passing.. Mondays are a whole
different story.. I am never revitalized ...
more likely run down completely...
Thanks for the eye candy.. definitely doesn't
look like the handyman around our house.......
No wonder I really didn't like today.
ReplyDeleteTuesdays? They don't bother me. I would like the number of that plumber, please. I have clogged pipes.
ReplyDeleteIf I had a plumber like that, I might die. I always get the -swear-they're anorexic-types or the ones that smell like cheap cigarettes and booze ha! I'm pretty much loathing Wednesday this week. No apparent reason really. Sad but true. The "reasonable" cat pic made me giggle :)
ReplyDeleteI would be willing to break my water lines if that plumber would come to my house. Tuesdays aren't a problem for me. I guess that is the advantage of being retired - they are all about the same.
ReplyDelete