Friday, 8 April 2011

Nice Day For A Royal Wedding

One week today... I'll be in Cape TownYippeee! The start of my 3-week trip to visit family and friends, some not seen for nearly 10 years.

I am more than a tad excited!

But it does mean that I am going to miss out on all the media overexposure excitement of the Royal Wedding over here... yes, just 3 weeks to go until Wills and Kate tie the knot.





Read more about the nuptials here


Oh well, never mind... at least I can stock up on some tasteful [heavy sarcasm] official (or unofficial) memorabilia, such as these...


Boring old mugs and stuff


More boring old mugs... hang on! Wrong prince?



Just in time for my new kitchen - a fridge adorned with the happy couple




The Queen and King of Kitsch - garden gnomes for that little bit of Hitch Kitsch



One could brew up a right royal storm in a teacup with these nifty bags



Perfect for anyone feeling a little flush




A timeless wonder (you'll always wonder what possessed you to buy it!)



Taking the "Crown Jewels" to the next level- enough said!



Just the thing if you've overindulged on sugary sweet, 100% Absolut tackiness


I think I may just have to settle for this one...it speaks from my heart...





One would definitely not approve


Will you be watching the Royal Wedding?

7 comments:

  1. Seriously, who buys that stuff? I remember as a kid all the Charles and Di memorabilia everywhere and everyone being really into it all. Insane. I don't imagine anyone in the UK cares about this one though. I think it's good for tourism maybe but Brits? Couldn't care less I'm sure. Unless they get a holiday. Is there a holiday? I like holidays. :)

    I groaned at the "flush" joke, you evil girl. Have an awesome trip back home. I'm not jealous AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the royal flush!

    I have to admit that I will hopefully be watching the nuptials. We Americans are fascinated with your royals.

    Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why didn't you include magnets and keychains? Haha. I am eager to hear about your Cape Town trip. It's one place I want to go to someday :) Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to watch the royal wedding, for sure! I used to admire Lady D so much!

    Have a nice trip to Cape Town !! Cape Town is one of the places that I would love to visit one day. It's such a beautiful place! Can't wait to see your holiday photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a wonderful trip to Cape Town!

    Don't worry I'll record the Royal Wedding for you to watch when you get back! Now I also know what to buy you for Christmas... either the plate or garden gnome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Nat!!! These absolutely crack me up!! A toilet seat? Really???? Oh, MY!!!!

    I will probably be one of those annoying overly excited and emotional types setting my Chicago alarm early to wake up and watch all the festivities. Oh, dear ... I think I should wear a hat (a celebration like this certainly would call for formal attire, would it not?)

    This post made me smile, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL..love the toilet seat. I guess some people will buy anything. Enjoy your trip. I kind of think it's exciting to see a Prince marry such a pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete