Friday, 20 May 2011

Parched

I never thought I'd say this..... but the south of England could really do with some rain! It's the driest and hottest Spring since well, since people starting thinking "Hey! Let's keep a record of rainfall so that we can irritate everyone with boring statistics".


The crusty ground beneath my feet

Anyway, I'm not actually complaining.... just a bit peeved that I missed most of the great weather by being the other side of the world and heading into their winter. Such is life.

I have loads more South Africa photos to share with you.... I just need to find a fat old chunk of time to dedicate to sorting them out in some semblence of a logical order. At the moment, time is a precious commodity for me... that annoying little thing called Work is really getting the way of my real life.

So, I'll leave you with a random pic from the trip... of a sign in a toilet in a farmstall/craft shop somewhere in the middle of the Klein Karoo, taken with my phone camera.




As a non-smoker myself, I found this rather funny. The smokers probably wouldn't.

Happy weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Hoping for some rain there! We've had enough here. Looking forward to more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Great sign. Get wet, have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Love that sign . . . but so sorry work is getting in the way of life (I hate when that happens.) Sorry for the lack of rain, too (gees, I'm sorry for a lot this comment, aren't I?) Will wish cloudy skies come your way soon! And thanks so much for your comment today. I appreciate it so very very much!

    Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need rain too !!
    The only plus side for me is that the grass
    doesn't need mowing every third day.

    Love that sign...

    ReplyDelete