Part 1
The majority of these were taken in Mountain Zebra Park in the Eastern Cape, and were often a case of "Stop the car! Quick.... camera... shoot!". Animals are best viewed in their natural habitat... but boy they can be elusive (and distant!) characters. Twice we spotted back rhino, but both times they were way too far away to even think about capturing. Sadly the cheetah remained well hidden in the long grass, probably waiting to pounce on one of these....
Springbok - South Africa's national animal
Many springbok
Cape Mountain Zebra
Ground Squirrel
Ground Squirrel
Red Hartebeest
Red Hartebeest
Kudu bull
Kudu
Black Wildebeest
Love, love, love these.. especially the zebra.!!
ReplyDeleteIt must be so exciting to see these great animals in their habitat.
ReplyDeleteSomeday, I, too will have an African Safari trip. Zanzibar :) Very beautiful pictures, Nat :) Good captures!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are incredible! Thanks, Nat!
ReplyDeleteLovely! I especially like the zebra.
ReplyDeleteWow!! Lucky girl!!!
ReplyDeleteJust tested the farmer's antelope knowledge with your post! He got all of them right. xxx
ReplyDeleteNat!!! Nat!! So cool - I can't even imagine seeing these things in the flesh (and not on a screen). Fantastic pics!
ReplyDelete