Monday, 23 May 2011

Animal Antics

In case you missed them, there have been a couple of funny incidents in the British newspapers recently, both involving animals.

Staff at Wrexham General train station were shocked when a man turned up and demanded to buy a ticket – for his pony. He was refused and told that no horses were allowed on the train. Apparently, the man replied "I know the law!" and walked away. He then got into a lift with the horse and walked it across the bridge and onto a platform. When the train arrived, the man attempted to board it with his four-legged friend, but was stopped by a concerned conductor. The man is believed to have left the station – with the pony in tow – after a brief argument.



All aboard The Pony Express?
 

Police scrambled helicopters and ordered tranquilizers to hunt what they feared was an escaped wild animal, after several residents called in to say they'd seen a white tiger in a field near a golf course in Hedge End, close to the coastal city of Southampton. It soon became obvious, however, that the tiger was in fact a stuffed, life-sized toy.


Eye of The...er...Stuffed Tiger

Happy Monday everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting those... some funny news
    for a change... !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I had missed them - thanks for filling me in! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday to you. It's Tuesday afternoon for me now. Those are funny news. :) Oddly enough, there's a tattoo place along our office floor and there's a chowchow named Simba. It frequents our office, knocks on the glass door and goes into our conference room. We are weird to allow it and play with it :) haha. :) ENjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Imagine rocking up with your horse. Mine would wreck havoc at a station...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nat, when I heard the story about the man and his pony, I immediately got an image of the man with his horse sitting next to him on the train, legs crossed reading the paper! Great story. I also spent some time in Zimbabwe (ten years) then another ten in Zambia before coming here to Australia. I loved Africa then, not so good now which is a real shame.
    Best wishes
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw those pony images on a news program here in Australia. :)
    Sydney - City and Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol these are great Nat! Thanks for making me giggle today =) I needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha, really enjoyed these, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete