After bombarding you with nothing but photos for the past couple of weeks, I thought I’d put idle finger to keyboard for a change and give you some witty and spry prose instead...OK, perhaps some rambling, incoherent words randomly knocked together… don’t expect much, and you won’t be disappointed.
So what’s new in the ever exciting life of Nat? Not a whole lot to be honest... I’ve been holed up with bubonic plague, boils and pestilence a lousy head cold that has made me feel completely uninspired, very irritated and pretty much disinclined to do anything, let alone write witty and spry prose.
The dreaded lurgy has also put paid to my usual weekly exercise routine of two sessions of Aikido and one of ‘boxercise’ (with the demon Muscle Man, who was clearly a drill sergeant in a previous life). Yes, a fairly recent venture for me…basically, I pay four quid to be shouted at by Muscle Man for an hour, while I run around a chilly village hall and do squats, lunges and press-ups, drop dumbbells on my toes, question my sanity and dream of eating chocolates. And all this in the name of achieving a super svelte body (or at least trying to counteract my massive energy input with a teeny bit of output).
You see, winter has arrived with a vengeance - apparently, by the weekend we’ll be braving arctic blasts, feet of snow, icebergs and polar bear migrations to warmer climes. That’s if the weatherman is to be believed, of course. And on the topic of weathermen, our favourite forecaster, Tomasz Schafernaker (famous for Flicking-The-Bird-On-Live-TV that I wrote about here), recently fell out of favour with viewers again, this time for his rather casual attire in front of the camera. Apparently the BBC doesn't do Dress Down Days.
Rain, wind and a generally scruffy outlook
All I know is, it’s frikking freezing cold already and all I want to do is lie on the couch and stuff my face with warm, comforting, calorific food.
Gobble, gobble, gobble!
Which reminds me...
Happy Thanksgiving to all my US readers! I know that this is an important time of the year for you folks....it’s when you get together with your families and give thanks for the good things in life. Aaahhhh….warm and fuzzy feelings all round.
Slightly less warm and fuzzy feelings over on this side of the pond though…or at least in my office. You see, Thanksgiving (or more accurately the week leading up to it) invariably leads to superinflated stress levels. I’ve mentioned that I have a slightly high maintenance client in New Jersey. The week before Thanksgiving she goes into hyper drive….a vortex of energy, determined that (come hell or high water) everything WILL be completed in time for her to head off to her turkey dinner.
Speaking of holidays, I am thrilled and delighted that Wills and Kate will be tying the knot on the 29th April 2011. Thrilled and delighted mainly because it means that we get an extra public holiday…. one that will coincide with my South African trip next year, already cunningly arranged to fit in with the Easter and May bank holidays, meaning we get three weeks’ holiday for the price of two weeks’ leave. Meaning I will have enough days left from my 25 days annual quota to perhaps fit in another couple of trips next year :-)
The Look of Love?





I dont dream of chocolate, i eat it and dont work out. lol! I need to get back on the ball and work out a bit more, hehe. Good for you keeping up with it. Hope your cold goes away though! no fun at all!!
ReplyDeleteIts crazy before thanksgiving, everyone gets all stressed but then we all eat till we are stuffed and take nice long naps, im looking so forward to it tomorrow. :)
Hope you have a lovely week! :)
So sorry you've been bitten by the head cold bug!! And thanks for the well Thanksgiving wishes to those of us in the US. Sorry your N.J. client brings such stress to you during this week of thanks (bummer!)
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'm so thrilled for William and Kate! I remember watching Diana and Charles wedding, and I know that I will be up at the crack of dawn watching this one, as well!
Have a wonderful weekend and sending get well wishes your way!!
Hope the head cold will soon disappear..
ReplyDeletethe other cold ( the weather ) please
send across the pond. Still too hot here
and that puts a damper on the old holiday
mood.
Stay warm and comfy and have a spectacularly
stress-free weekend .. make it so my friend !!
Hi Nat! I hope you will always be happy and enjoy life despite the cold weather. Have a nice weekend..
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Nat!
ReplyDeletePeople talk about the turkey, but it's really all about the gravy...
Hope you feel better and have a good (and productive) weekend!
Thanks so much for stopping over at my blog! Very happy to have you there!
ReplyDeleteTomas Schaefernaker is my favourite weather-man - he's such a rebel!!
Hope you're feeling better.
x