To set the scene, here's where we were based for our recent snowshoeing adventure in Les Houches, close to Chamonix, one of the oldest ski resorts in the French Alps, and host of the first ever Winter Olympics in 1924.
The rustic but very comfy Chalet Savoy
Sauna and hot tub with a spectacular view!
Dylan - the resident fox terrier who came out on all the walks
View from our chalet window
Another view from our chalet window
Sunset on The Fizz, as seen from that lovely hot tub!
Snow shadows
Snowshoe aka Nat's Big Foot
The perils of snowshoeing... huge blisters! Nothing like a bit of duct tape to keep blister pads in place...
More to follow soon!
More to follow soon!

Serene gorgeous snow capped views from a hot tub, purple painted toes and duck tape....I LOVE YOU NATE!!!!!! This is quite a teaser and I could happily stow away with you on any of your vacations, this one is looking extra fabulous! I think I will hang out here while ~you go and ski, I'll keep the hot tub warm and the booze on ice :)
ReplyDeletexxoo
Just awesome... except for the blister part! Ouch!
ReplyDeleteMuch love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde
You are tormenting me with all that snow...
ReplyDeletewe only have pine pollen and 80° weather..
DRATS !!
Best use of duct tape I have seen in awhile.
Oh how I would love to experience snow like that one day. Even visit a resort like this.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos Nat particularly the sunset on The Fizz, and the blue snow shadows too.
ReplyDeleteFab shots from your trip Nat, I would love to try skiing, mind you...maybe not!! Who knew that duct tape could be so stylish. Looooove the purple toe nails, mine are a boring old red haha!
ReplyDelete