Nosy Neighbour #1: Oh her? Yes she's very odd. Lazing about all day at home while the poor husband goes out to work. Apparently she '
[Quite a lot actually, when you buy a house previously owned by the most inept interior designer since early man decided his cave could do with a few rocks being rearranged, perhaps a few strategically placed mammoth skins].
Net Curtain Twitcher #2: Then there's all that yelling she does some days....
"Just lay that freeking egg already you freeking feathered freak! You are driving me insane!"
[Neighbour to the right keeps hens that for some reason feel obliged to let the wider world know that omelettes are on the menu tonight at Number 10]
"Sod off you horrible cat! Go crap in your own garden!"
[Neighbour to the right also has 5 moggies on high fibre diets].
"Why oh why oh why do I have to put up with this?!!"
[When my internet goes down and I lose connection to my office server... typically on a day when there is a major deadline]
" **** ******ing *****er!!!!!"
[Quite frequent outburst after any communication with Demanding Annoying Client #1].
Nosy Neighbour #1: I think she has an aggressive personality. I've heard she practises some lethal kung fu thingamabob - you know, all that secretive martial arts stuff. Trained killers those people are!
[Actually it's Aikido, and it's a passive form of self defense]
Net Curtain Twitcher #2: We had better watch our backs - we could all be murdered in our beds!
[Not all of you, just maybe Audi Man with the annoying car alarm]
Nosy Neighbour #1: She may already be up to something. Why just this past weekend I overheard her telling her husband "We really must take this stuff out the car! Do we want everyone thinking we're planning on disposing of a body?"
[Actually I did say this to B, last Saturday morning....refering to the shovel, boots and other snow storm readiness paraphernalia that have been clanging about in our car boot since the snowfalls last month.]
Net Curtain Twitcher #2: And I heard her asking him "Can you give me a hand? I just can't fit all the weapons in the car boot!"
[We were on our way to Aikido Winter School and needed to pack the bag of wooden weapons - jo (staff) and bokken (sword)]
Nosy Neighbour #1: Well whatever she's been up to, she's certainly looking the worse for wear... did you see her on Sunday? Crawling around like she's just gone 10 rounds in the ring with Mike Tyson, and with the bruises to show for it!
[Aikido Winter School related injuries.... well, sort of! We were watching the black belts grading when suddenly the fire alarms went off. LOUDLY. In my haste to get out of the sport centre - I could actually smell burning - I tripped down the spectator stand and rammed my leg into a sharp metal object. I have the Mother of all bruises running the length of my thigh. Ouch!]
...........
I've been a bit scarce lately... apologies for that! Just lacking in inspiration and otherwise distracted. Not worth saying anything, unless you have something worth saying....
Hope to catch up with you all soon!



love that grammar quote !!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! We name most of our neighbors.
ReplyDeleteI made a blog post about some of our neighbors and what we call them. If I remember correctly, you left a comment with a couple neighborhood nicknames of your own!
http://patricktillett.blogspot.com/2010/11/neighborhood-nicknames.html
Haha! I remember that Pat :-) Guy in his pjs in the garden at noon still lives there and still hacks his lungs out and still smokes...but girl who plays the Dirty Dancing soundtrack on continuous mode has moved out, thankfully!
DeleteHaha, this post is funny - cracked me up! :-D
ReplyDeleteBrilliant Nat, you still know how to make us laugh, nosey neighbor No. 1 needs a 'non aggressive' Aikido chop to the left knee cap haha! only joking...maybe!!
ReplyDeleteHa! You are too funny. And I love that last quote in the photo.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! I loved reading this, I had a right old titter! x
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA this was pretty amusing! I recently had to yell at my neighbors partying it up in their hot tub at 3 AM on a work night. They told me to feck off so I called the cops! BRING IT!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Nat!
ReplyDeleteMy neighbour's pool and entertainment area is next to our bedroom window and just before summer he asked if it was ok if he increased the height of the wall for privacy purposes. Now we've been living next door for 7 years now so why would it suddenly become a problem that I peak at his wife in her bikini next to their pool through my bedroom window? Hahahahaha, perhaps they now have something to hide back there, like digging holes at night.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA!! Great post!
ReplyDeleteI don't have nosy neighbour.. I have inconsiderate neighbours who forget they actually HAVE neighbours!
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde