"People usually are the happiest at home." William Shakespeare
Not the greatest day, weather-wise... it pretty much rained the whole frolicking time I was there! I'll definitely be returning someday soon (when the sun is shining!) to retake photographs of some of these places....
The house on Henley Street where it is believed that William Shakespeare was born, circa 1564
View of the side of the house in Henley Street
High Street in Stratford-upon-Avon
Gardens at Nash House, named after Thomas Nash, first husband to Shakespeare's granddaughter
Gardens at Nash House
Half-timbered buildings in Stratford
Courtyard at Hall's Croft - home of Shakespeare's daughter Susanna, and her physician husband, John Hall
The Great British Summer!
The River Avon
The River Avon, with the Holy Trinity Church (Shakespeare's final resting place) in the distance
Anne Hathaway's Cottage - childhood home of Shakespeare's wife, Anne Hathaway
Anne Hathaway's Cottage

Lovely photos, despite the weather :)
ReplyDeleteHello Nat:
ReplyDeleteFor us this has been a joy - a complete trip down memory lane for it is years now since we were last in Stratford which is, as you say and show, the most delightful and historic of towns. Often we were there for the plays and promise ourselves that we will return to see one of them performed in the new, recently opened Memorial Theatre.
Those pictures look like they came straight out of a story book! What an awesome place to visit!
ReplyDeleteLove this series. Your photos are superb..
ReplyDeletealmost like being there... well, as close as
I will probably get in this lifetime..
maybe when I retire and can travel freely.
nice pfoto!
ReplyDeleteI definitely would want to go here :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful area. I would love to visit there one day.
ReplyDeleteStratford-upon-Avon is the quintessential 'olde world' English town and you've captured it perfectly Nat, and let's face it, the weather would have probably been exactly the same hundreds of years back then too. Really enjoyed looking at these, brought back memories.
ReplyDeleteHave you heard or read that there are once again people saying that Shakespeare didn't write ANY of his works, not even the sonnets? I know it's a perennial, but this is, apparently, a new group.
ReplyDeleteI hear that the Shakespeare Society is not well pleased.
Despite it beinmg just up the road it's been an age since i was last in stratford. Great pictures, Nat. Thanks for recapturing the magic of the baird's birthplace. x
ReplyDeleteMust be fantastic to walk around these places, thinking of the people that lived there. Beautiful photos.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome place to visit in any weather. I would love to sit on that bench outside Anne Hathaway's Cottage. :)
ReplyDeleteA really good and interesting set of photos. We have some Shakespeare related places here in Manchestr, though not sure he ever came near the place! Will post one on his birthday next 23rd April ;-)
ReplyDeleteChrissy
http://mancunianwave.blogspot.com/
These are such beautiful photos...even if it was a gray and rainy day. I'm always struck by how old things are in Europe and Great Britain. Everything here is new. By European standards, even our old buildings aren't old. It fascinates me!
ReplyDelete