1. Why are England so bad at football? Because our players are excessively overpaid, underworked, undisciplined, pretty ordinary blokes that have been bigged up to be some sort of demigods…..of course, this answer has absolutely nothing to do with my complete hatred of football and all things football-related.
2. Is the X-Factor fixed?
Is the Pope Catholic? Doesn’t stop me watching the show religiously every weekend though…
Viva The Lion King*!
(Wagner Carillo - sadly, finally given the boot on Sunday after weeks of vast support from anti-X Factor campaigners who (allegedly) aimed to teach Simon Cowell a lesson by spending lots of money on his show's premium-rate phone votes)
3. Who is Justin Bieber?
To be honest, I only know this because I caught him miming (badly) during his guest appearance on Sunday night’s X-Factor results show…apparently, he (and there was a moment when I thought someone that pretty must be a Justina!) is the hottest, overhyped thing since... well, the last hottest, overhyped thing to strut his stuff before his adoring teenage fans. Yes, I’m just a grumpy old woman…old enough to be his mother (actually, make that his grandmother!)
4. Do all footballers cheat [on their wives/girlfriends]?
Quite possibly…see answer to number 1 above.
5. Should I buy an iPad?
Are you the person who has it all now and can find nothing else to buy? Do you fancy lugging about an oversized iphone? Do you like expensive coffee table ornaments?
If you’ve answered 'yes!' to any of these questions, then yes.
6. What is ‘Glee’?
A bit like a polished, slicker version of the ‘80s TV show ‘Fame’, with better hairdos and clothes….worth watching, just for the witty “Sue Sylvester”.
Snappy and snarky in a track suit
7. Will ‘Big Brother’ ever come back?
Oh hell, I really hope not! We are already overpopulated with pointless non-celebrities...
8. Where can I buy a micro pig?
Old Macdonald’s Micro Farm?
Just don't mention Swine Flu!
9. Where is the ash cloud?
It was in the sky…thankfully not any more though.
10. Where can I buy a vuvuzela?
You're not allowed one.... unless you're 10 or younger! Again, this answer has absolutely nothing to do with my complete hatred of football and all things football-related.
* Wagner owns a pet lion. As you do.





Haha, I got roped into watching X-Factor back in September when I was in the UK. My sister and bro-in-law make a night of it with wine and snacks. Surprisingly good fun. And shhhh, that Dermot guy is like a little pocket sized cutie! I dug Wagner. I even have him doing that Tom Jones song from weeks back on my iPod. :)
ReplyDeleteIn other news, my boyfriend brought an iPad home from work the other night (he's a programmer and is working on a site for a client specifically to be shown on an iPad) and we both went "Ohhhhh, shiny!" then played with it for five minutes then went "Now what?" I still can't figure out the point of it. My iPod Touch does exactly the same stuff and if you want to do anything normal you need a regular laptop. WHAT IS THE POINT OF IT?
Ahhhhaaaa! NAT! You made me laugh outloud today - and I thank you for it!!! LOVED your answers. May have to think of some more "Ask Nat" questions for your next round!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chuckles!!! :) :) :)
Another funny post...
ReplyDeletebut seriously.. can you ever have too
many ( tekkie ) toys ??
Veg - Dermot is a bit of a dish ;) Going to miss Wagner as he was a bit of excitement every week and peed off the judges every time he got through.
ReplyDeleteYip, I don't see the point of the ipad....but then I'm usually slow to warm to new tech stuff, so this time next year I may have one...
Leanne - thanks....yes, send them over :)
faye - I think I could easily get tekkie overload :) Having said that I really want a Sky plus box (satellite TV that can record, pause, watch stuff when you want) over an ipad!
Great post! You should take a look at my newest post, its about a good AdSense alternative.
ReplyDeleteClever! I enjoyed this.
ReplyDeletePearl
People don't use the phrase "Is the Pope Catholic?" enough.
ReplyDeleteNo more ask Jeeves. It will be Nat tells it like it is!! :)
ReplyDeleteFun, this post.
ReplyDeleteIt's a list of things about which I know nothing / don't like.
Lucy
P.S. I like football but not interested in footballers wives.
I don't even know where to start with this! Too many great answers!
ReplyDeleteI will leave you this...
I for one, am so tired of having the lip syncing midget of a moppet being crammed down my throat...
great post Nat!
I don't get the iPod thing, but the thingy to record/pause live TV? We have it and IT'S AWESOME. You will never be able to watch normal telly again ;-)
ReplyDeletePost some snowy pictures. You should be in the heart of the nonsense!
Terrific post, except now I want an iPad, a micro pig, and a vuvuzeela!
ReplyDelete