Friday, 26 March 2010

Red, Yellow, Blue

I had the day off from work today and went to explore Woburn Village in Bedfordshire. The town is surrounded by the Estate of the Duke of Bedford, and has an interesting mix of over 200 listed buildings (mostly Georgian) that house antique shops, art galleries, pubs and restaurants.

As usual, I took quite a few photos while walking around. When I got home and looked at them more closely, I noticed that there was a touch of red, yellow or blue in each one.....

Blue fence railings, Old St Mary's Church

Blue gate and red berries

Blue sky, Old St Mary's (medieval)

Blue door

Blue door and yellow daffodil

Blue sky, red and blue of the Union Jack, and blue window frames

Blue sky, "new" St Mary's (1868)

Red door, St Mary's

Red lamp post, St Mary's

More yellow daffodils

Red-bricked buildings

Village sign and tubs of flowers

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous vibrant pictures! So glad I stumbled upon your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes the eye is attracted to the same things =).. and again beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics, especially the daffodil one, that's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daffodils are amazing. Esp next to the blue door. Awesome pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful "art". Makes me wish I could visit these places. I love the blue door in one pic and the red in the other.

    ReplyDelete