Thursday, 25 March 2010

In This City

I was down in London for business yesterday. I didn't get much chance to do anything else really, but I did capture the ever changing city scape while crossing the Hungerford Bridge....


There was time for a quick stroll past Lord Nelson, perched high above Trafalgar Square....


And to say hello to another famous Nelson....


Then a fleeting visit to The National Gallery to feast my eyes on my three favourite paintings hanging in there.....

Les Parapluies by Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Bridge over a Pool of Water Lilies by Claude Monet

Sunflowers by Vincent van Gogh

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures yet again, I've never really been many places let alone outside the united states.

    On of my life dreams is to travel the world, I haven't yet so I'm hoping for when I retire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your taste in art is superb. Add "Sunday Afternoon at La Grande Jatte" and our list would be pretty identical. I love the Impressionists--if you ever get to Paris, go to the Musee d'Orsay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tour!!!
    very nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! I would like to thank you for the tour as well & hope to see it for myself someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that Renoir. I am so jealous! Food for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recognised the Monet and van Gogh immediately.

    Never got to see the Nelson statues while I was in London. Wish I had more time and money to stay in London.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments, everyone!

    @Alle - hope you get to realise your dream of travelling

    @Sid - London is crazy expensive! Hopefully you can fit in another visit though, on your future travels....

    ReplyDelete