Monday, 25 January 2010

Weekend Snippets


Savage Chickens found HERE

It was another exciting weekend in the Life of Nat...

Starting with a buckled wheel rim and flat tyre, courtesy of the plague of potholes left by the ice and freezing temperatures of recent weeks. Travelling on some of the UK’s roads at the moment brings back memories of the good ol’ Zim days of driving with the constant fear of suddenly vanishing into a bottomless pit of conjoined potholes (of course minus the added potential dangers of being shot at by the presidential guards for passing too slowly past one of his palaces, or running over a warthog).

Having a damaged wheel and flat tyre is never a good experience...certainly not one enhanced by the rude discovery that the brand new tyre on your spare wheel has at some point been deviously replaced by an old, worn tyre. Not sure who the dastardly criminal was, but it could have happened at the service garage, MOT test centre or long-term airport parking (moral of the story: check your spare every time you’ve had your car worked on and only choose parking where you don’t hand over your keys).

It was “Dumbbells at Dawn” in the gym as the competition for places in the Sunday morning aerobics class showed no signs of taking a weekend off...Dumb Ass is still in charge and is still a Dumb Ass. I almost fainted halfway through the class from the stress...although that may have been the lack of breakfast as I was too lazy to get out of bed in time to eat before the “Eat Now, Puke Later” threshold.

Aikido is getting...er...interesting...we’re learning to roll/somersault, forwards and backwards over our shoulders. Considering I haven’t been caught doing head-over-heels since I was about six, I fear shoulder dislocation at best, a smashed spine at worst. Last night, I finally plucked up the courage to do a “bended knee starting stance” roll...I managed three before the waves of motion sickness took over.

Finally, my cheeky friend is now one up on me in our ongoing “Give Each Other Rude Birthday Presents” competition, with this delightful gift...

Happy doodling!

2 comments:

  1. HAHA I want a cock-a-doodle!

    ...maybe not one with Ron Jeremy on the front though, WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veg, there are in fact 6 delightful dudes in the pad... Ron Jeremy of course, plus skinny man, fatty with Adolf Hitler hairdo wearing socks and sandals (nice!), bald body builder, balding fatty with skipping rope (eeks!) and lean-mean boxer with 'fro.....so take your pic!

    ReplyDelete