Dear Men of Great Britain
Yes… that great ball of fire in the sky these past few days
is indeed the long lost Sun. Yes, we have endured 89 days of nonstop torrential
rain, and so yes, it is truly a marvellous sight to behold. Slightly less of a
marvellous sight to behold, though, is all that flabby, white flesh out on
display, in your desperate attempts to catch every last ray of sunshine. I am a
firm believer in the health benefits of Vitamin D myself… but four words,
gentlemen: Cod Liver Oil Capsules. You can find them at your local pharmacy…
and while you’re there, please pick up some sunscreen. Otherwise you’re
all going to end up transforming yourselves from 50 Shades of Pale into a
uniform (and very unattractive) Boiled Lobster Red.
Better yet, unless you look like this…..
Better yet, unless you look like this…..
Keep your shirt on, man!
………
Dear Virgin Media
We have quite a history…. you and me. A lot of water under
the bridge… a lot of my hard earned money going into your bank account in
exchange for what you claim is the fastest, most reliable broadband service in
the galaxy... though quite how I could ever prove that I would love to know,
since I can’t even connect to my local office, let alone communicate with the
Wide Wide World. Is that the logic behind Sir Dicky Branson’s quest for space
tourism… so that he can extend his piss poor internet service into Infinity and Beyond?
Seriously, this is all getting a bit boring now… you forever messing me around
by dropping my connection, almost without fail on the day that I have a humungous
deadline at work.
I’ve worked out how to circumvent your incredibly unhelpful
Help Line (is that your attempt at irony by the way?) by selecting the “If you
are thinking of leaving us, press 5" option when I phone up to complain, yet
again, that you are in breach of contract. You always answer that line
immediately, don’t you? I reckon
I’m flagged up as “Difficult Customer #1”, always passed onto the Technical Manager or the
Senior Technician or some other Big Cheese. Listen, I will happily talk to Sir Tricky Dicky himself….if you will
just give me a frikking reliable connection that does not drop off like
clockwork at 4 pm every day, just around the time half the population feels the
urge to post "What I am like having for tea - LOL!" on Facebook.
........
Dear Travel Clinic
I see what you're doing.... playing on Nat's paranoia and phobia of catching some horrendous tropical disease abroad. And I've played along... typhoid, polio, diptheria, typhoid again, hep A, hep B.... you name it, I've had the jab! But rabies... in Thailand??? You mean to say there is a rabid monkey population just waiting to sink their teeth into me the second I set foot onto the tropical island paradise of the Gulf of Thailand? OK, OK.... stick it my left arm....
That is all.
........
Dear Travel Clinic
I see what you're doing.... playing on Nat's paranoia and phobia of catching some horrendous tropical disease abroad. And I've played along... typhoid, polio, diptheria, typhoid again, hep A, hep B.... you name it, I've had the jab! But rabies... in Thailand??? You mean to say there is a rabid monkey population just waiting to sink their teeth into me the second I set foot onto the tropical island paradise of the Gulf of Thailand? OK, OK.... stick it my left arm....
That is all.
Photos not my own.
Some explanatory notes for the Notes From Nat:
Unless you’ve been… ahem… otherwise tied up (in
which case you already know all there is to know and don’t need any further “educational
reading”)… the erotic novel 50 Shades of Grey (and the follow-up 50 Shades Darker
and 50 Shades Freed) has been causing quite a stir, outselling Harry Potter
and making their author a very wealthy woman. To be honest, I haven’t read the
book... yet, but I now feel obliged to, purely for scientific research purposes
of course, to see what all the darn fuss is about!
Sir Richard Branson is an English business magnate, best known for his Virgin Group of more than 400 companies.
Yes, I'll be travelling to Thailand in the near future... well, I have to use up the excessive quantities of Deet bug spray and Factor 80 sunscreen left over from the Vietnam and Cambodia trip. And I'm itching to go back to SE Asia....
Sir Richard Branson is an English business magnate, best known for his Virgin Group of more than 400 companies.
Yes, I'll be travelling to Thailand in the near future... well, I have to use up the excessive quantities of Deet bug spray and Factor 80 sunscreen left over from the Vietnam and Cambodia trip. And I'm itching to go back to SE Asia....



haha- when we went to Guatemala they told us to get Rabies shots- we took a gamble and made out fine.
ReplyDeleteI bet all those bare chested guys are gay :) I can totally relate to your frustration on crappy internet connections. I work from home and when late afternoon arrives everything slows down, it sucks! But if I pay more for an upgraded service it should eliminate the problem, pft, ya right!
ReplyDeleteThat's a fantastic reason for going to Thailand, to use up your toiletries, I may have to use that excuse soon! Mind you, the way it's been today I might have to retrieve the Factor 40 from my Goa bag! x
ReplyDeletewe live in the country so most high speed connections
ReplyDeleteare not available... tried satellite, but that is so
slow during bad weather... now we use the cell phone
provider and while not as fast as my work PC .. the
connection is better than what we had previously...
Hey, hey Krista, don't go bursting my bubble with all that gay talk...Let my eyes do a little feasting before reality sets in! HA!!
ReplyDeleteWell Nat enjoy Thailand that's another place I can say I've been to, at least when I was 5. My dad was stationed there and it's where my youngest brother was born. One thing I really remember is on the Kings birthday, they celebrate with water. Everyone could throw water balloons and spray people, it's fun when your 5!
Thailand? I CAN'T wait to see some photos! I am so jealous of your travels...
ReplyDeleteOh, I find it funny that a post containing the word "Virgin" followed a photo of those Magic Mikes! It should have been the other way around. ;-)
ReplyDeleteThai is a must visit country in South East Asia. My mother in law lives near Thai border. We love going to Thailand to hunt for food..lots of delicious food and fruits. Just last week I was at the Thai border...I hope you'll enjoy your visit to Thai..
ReplyDeleteNat, you made my day with your humor, but I can relate to the internet connectivity issues. I suffered for 10 months before I made a change.
ReplyDeleteLove the cheesecake shot and I wonder if those are Texas boys!?
Cannot wait to see photos of and hear all about your trip... Inoculations in order? check. Have fun!
Bises,
Genie
It never ceases to amaze me why men think it's alright to walk around topless when they're white, flabby and hairy icky! I mean no one wants to see that right! I must admit Nat, like you I was curious about 50 Shades of Grey, I bought it to see what it was all about..I'm not quite sure which demographic it's aimed at, but 'HOLY CRAP' ..you'll get why I said that before you reach the end of the first chapter, it seems to be EL James's favorite catch phrase! Very funny post as always, love the way you think Nat.
ReplyDeleteI will also have to make a plan to read the book just to see what all the fuss is about :-P
ReplyDeleteOh, Nat . . . I enjoy you so!!!! Love your notes! and the whole 50 shades thing? I am kind of boycotting it. No reason why, Just want to be the rebel that I am! do let me know if I should pick it up!
ReplyDelete